D-Link DIR-615

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
ckm
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
HEEEEY EVERYONE!!!!!

Greilark i have 15 DIR 615 E3 i got off ebay i think becouse the stock firmware is so crappy people want to get rid of them i got 4 from 1 seller for $15.00.I flash build 23082 on all of them,all are rock solid wifi works all the time will not drop.Build 23082 turned the DIR 615 E3 into a reliable working router!!!
you can still get the DIR 615 off ebay for almost nothing and theirs a lot of them!!
Sponsor
7thnetsmith
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 0:30    Post subject: Install instruction Reply with quote
Just in case this helps, used this instruction to upgrade my D-LINK DIR-615 to dd-wrt:

http://www.jeedo.net/upgrading-d-link-dir-615-router-to-dd-wrt/

Seems like using Firefox helps.
garvine
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:12    Post subject: Re: DIR-615 C1 - 20130415 - r21286 Reply with quote
EDIT: Nevermind. Got it sorted.
eliyyah
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 17:43    Post subject: DIR-615 H/W C1 - F/W 3.01 Reply with quote
Polydwarf wrote:
Kewlj1313 wrote:
Successfuly Flashed my DIR-615 Rev C1 with tew632brp-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin from (http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/02-03-10-r13832/) after I changed the hardware ID via a hex editor (NEO on Windows) to 00AP81-AR9130-RT-070614-02 I was able to flash it directly from the d-link firmware update on the router.

DD-wrt is working great thus far, it says that the router is a tew632brp in the dd-wrt settings etc, but all is well!

Thanks Smile and Cheers!

I've attached the dd-wrt firmware that I hex edited to work with my DIR-615 C1. I'm not sure if it will work for you but it worked great for me!

Newb poster here, but this seems to be working fine for me as well on my DIR-615 rev C1, at least at a basic level. DHCP works, wireless works, routing works, upnp seems to be working. I haven't gone very far into the weeds, though.

It also fixed some issues with one of my wireless devices (a new SmartQ v7 tablet) not really wanting to connect to my DIR-615.

Probably a tad behind on this post since we're in 2015 now, but I have a DLink DIR-615 H/W C1 - F/W 3.01 that I also flashed successfully using the method prescribed here. I too changed the hex on using "HxD" and it flashed with no issue. Just follow what he said here and it should work. My only question is now that I'm using the firmware v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std, is there a "next level" that I should flash too? I believe I did it from factory-to-DD-WRT and so I guess I'm wondering if that's all I need or should I be looking to flash to a higher version here? It's working great so far with ZERO drops! Any suggests?
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try the webflash file (not the factory file), which you will have to use every time when flashing from ddwrt-to-ddwrt; the latest build is here ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/
lmcrob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:49    Post subject: S/W version 3.13 (H/W C1) Reply with quote
philchetcuti wrote:
First of all, thanks to all for all the help with this thread.
I've been up and down it a few times, lots of trial and error. Mostly error, the notorious "firmware I was uploading was for the wrong hardware". I had followed all instructions, and tried both the trendnet and the dlink files but still kept getting the error.

I then downloaded s/w versions 3.10, 3.11 and 3.12 from dlink and compared them. When reviewing the codes in my hex editor it seemed to me that there were inconsistencies when comparing 3.10 to 3.12 (which is what I started with). So, I threw caution to the wind, I loaded 3.10 from dlink and then tried to load the dlink dd-wrt files again and it worked.

So, thanks again and I hope this might alleviate some frustration for some of you out there.

If your dlink 615 C1 is at s/w 3.12 or 3.11, revert it to 3.10 and then install the dd-wrt.

Just an FYI - flashed from 3.13NA H/w C1 directly from the dLink firmware update page and it worked perfectly. I did not need to downgrade. To enable the wireless radio I did need to use MAC address cloning. Still havn't figured out how to get Telnet/SSH to work. Smile Wouldnt have made it this far without all the posts, thanks everyone!

Did the following:

1. Take a backup of the config from d-link. You can import into notepad++ or excel for future reference (and to speed up your install later).

2. downloaded build 21061 [http://www.dd-wrt.com/routerdb/de/download/D-Link/DIR-615/C1/dir615c1-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin/3963]

3. using Neo hex editor, INSERTED two leading zeros prior to h/w ID:

<00AP81-AR9130-RT-070614-02>

30 30 41 50 38 31 2d 41 52 39 31 33 30 2d 52 54
    2d 30 37 30 36 31 34 2d 30

4. (Using firefox) From dlink firmware update page, loaded updated factory-to-ddwrt .bin file.

5. After successful flash, under "setup" enabled "mac address clone"
mrrhtuner
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry for the super old bump but I figure it's better to bump the existing thread than start a new one.

We have a Dlink DIR-615 C1 using Stock 3.11 firmware.

I've followed the guides and was able to successfully load the following .bin file:

dir615c1-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin

I am able to successfully get into the router with DDWRT loaded and confirm it has the following:

Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std

My concern is I am unable to successfully load the webflash image - dir615c1-firmware.bin

When I do so, the process states 'completed' but then I loose all connectivity to the router and need to reset it by pressing in the Reset button and power cycle it.

I do notice that when I try to upgrade the webflash image, it will put up the orange power light and it wont go away.

What is the point of the second webflash image? is it even required?

As I've tried to upgrade the webflash image, is there any way I can confirm that it worked?
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
"mrrhtuner" the firmware you try to flash it could be either old or buggy try new builds, so as you are on DD-WRT already,
connect via Telnet or SSh and issue this commands:

erase nvram
reboot

then upload a web image from here
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/

you do need web image flash you cant stay on factory to dd-wrt, otherwise your router will not function, and be patient
when flashing it takes time wait like 5-6 min before you aim to restart or reset...
Also do keep in mind 30/30/30 reset does not work well on DIR series routers so use erase nvram method Wink

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55363 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
Saoghal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 21:54    Post subject: can't install DD-WRT Reply with quote
I know that and old post, but I inherited a DIr-615 and saw that it is supposed to be compatible with DD-WRT. So, I followed all possible tutorials and every time I always get this message:

Quote:
The uploaded firmware file may not be correct. You may have uploaded a file that is not intended for this device, or the uploaded file may be corrupted.

If the uploaded file is correct, it is possible that the device may be too busy to properly receive it right now. In this case, please try the upload again. It is also possible that you are logged in as a 'user' instead of an 'admin' - only administrators can upload new firmware.

The Gateway will not be reprogrammed.

I even tried to downgrade to 3.10, but it does not work. I load into this backup security flash interface, it loads forever and when I reset the router it is still on 3.13. I don't know what to do anymore Sad

I have a revision C1 hardware by the way.
Saoghal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 16:58    Post subject: DD-WRT Reply with quote
So... Anyone? I was able to downgrade it to 3.10 but still wasn't able to install DD-WRT with the same error message Sad
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
use dlink emergency rom (tftp with a http interface)

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55488 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55460 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

demiurge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello everyone, sorry for English. I would like to know if there is already a firmeware for the T1 revision of this router or if there is an outgoing forecast for it. Thank you
khoanb1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 17:57    Post subject: Re: can't install DD-WRT Reply with quote
Saoghal wrote:
I know that and old post, but I inherited a DIr-615 and saw that it is supposed to be compatible with DD-WRT. So, I followed all possible tutorials and every time I always get this message:

Quote:
The uploaded firmware file may not be correct. You may have uploaded a file that is not intended for this device, or the uploaded file may be corrupted.

If the uploaded file is correct, it is possible that the device may be too busy to properly receive it right now. In this case, please try the upload again. It is also possible that you are logged in as a 'user' instead of an 'admin' - only administrators can upload new firmware.

The Gateway will not be reprogrammed.

I even tried to downgrade to 3.10, but it does not work. I load into this backup security flash interface, it loads forever and when I reset the router it is still on 3.13. I don't know what to do anymore Sad

I have a revision C1 hardware by the way.

Hello,

Please upgrade to the latest stock firmware and after that try this dd-wrt firmware:

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2017/08-22-2017-r33180/dlink-dir615c1/dir615c1-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin
rouhaud
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 17:49    Post subject: dir615 rev d3 Reply with quote
Hello,
i have put the last d3 firmware for dir615
but my ssh access is grey and disable how can i enable it.
thanks for your answer
khoanb1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 22:41    Post subject: Re: dir615 rev d3 Reply with quote
rouhaud wrote:
Hello,
i have put the last d3 firmware for dir615
but my ssh access is grey and disable how can i enable it.
thanks for your answer

Hello,

you can go to Administrator tab and see the entry of SSH here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 30 of 31
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: