D-Link DIR-615

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
@ndres
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 19:15    Post subject: ... Reply with quote
UP...UP!!! Very Happy

D-Link DIR-615 A1 here!!! Confused

1 x D-Link DIR-615 HV:A1 Firmware v1.10
Sponsor
Ecoholic
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 20:06    Post subject: 130Mbps rate with OpenWrt and ath9k Reply with quote
Running On OpenWrt Kamakazie with some special boot loader thingy will post a how to soon as I get my hands on one... Ps need a dir-600
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=18314

Packet up... packet in.... dd-wrt came to win... My router crashed...thats kind of a sin...I pressed and I back up...Nvram take the slack up....Try and play with me I got the Jtag for backup....Jump aroud Jump around
dp-choppergage
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:12    Post subject: Re: 130Mbps rate with OpenWrt and ath9k Reply with quote
Ecoholic wrote:
Running On OpenWrt Kamakazie with some special boot loader thingy will post a how to soon as I get my hands on one... Ps need a dir-600

Never mind. I able to use failsafe. Sorry.

Last edited by dp-choppergage on Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:27; edited 1 time in total
Ecoholic
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:46    Post subject: Re: 130Mbps rate with OpenWrt and ath9k Reply with quote
dp-choppergage wrote:
Ecoholic wrote:

Hey, Just got installed but telnet thing making me headaches. How do I get back to Dlink offical firmware from Openwrt fw? I don't know how.....

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=61502&sid=5e405646cc10aaf47bd5f7cee0705f52
some other cool links

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=18858

Packet up... packet in.... dd-wrt came to win... My router crashed...thats kind of a sin...I pressed and I back up...Nvram take the slack up....Try and play with me I got the Jtag for backup....Jump aroud Jump around
dp-choppergage
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just got back to DLink offical on DIR-615 REV C. I'm just testing putting Trednet TEW-652BRP Ver 1 on Dlink DIR-615 then finally it WORK! I was changed the "HEX" code on Trednet firmware to exact fit. Everything just work fine. no problem. Its very stable so far.
dp-choppergage
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm testing this trendnet TEW652BRPA firmware. If you want try it, here is attach below. Remember after you flashing, use reset button for 10-20 sec to restore factory and the LED light issue, the Power Led continue flashing amber, just ignore it but it still working.
scorn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll throw out another vote for getting DD-WRT working on the DIR-615. I've got 2 rev C units that I picked up during the last CyberMonday deals. Sure would be sweet to turn them into really usable routers.

Since OpenWRT has in the past worked on this hardware, is there something do be done mining the old OpenWRT code to help DD-WRT? I've scoured both the DD-WRT and OpenWRT forums and wikis, and cannot specifically find what issues underly the incompatibility with this model. I'm a decently savvy programmer, but haven't done any embedded stuff... I do have several other routers (mostly Buffalo, two LinkSys) all running DD-WRT.

Any recommendations about how to continue working on this problem and/or get the WRT gods to turn their attention to it?
executor485
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Subscribed for more info... I also have a rev C1 router I am hoping for support for.
kcdude
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
candiri wrote:
Got a DIR615 in front of me, hooking up for a client.

p/n: BIR615ANA....B2 (yes, there's 4 periods)
FCC ID: KA2DIR615B2

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=725906&fcc_id='KA2DIR615B2'

also ubicom cpu -> no support

Good to see some people care about this router. Anyway, mine is a "REV B" so should I give up all hope for this thing? I noticed my good buddy Sash said it wasn't possible. Of course, I'm just a naive person who didn't even know what "wip" meant, so a little extra clarification would be very helpful...thanks!
Ecoholic
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 20:56    Post subject: Great News for dir-615 c1! Thanks for the Work! Reply with quote
dp-choppergage wrote:
I'm testing this trendnet TEW652BRPA firmware. If you want try it, here is attach below. Remember after you flashing, use reset button for 10-20 sec to restore factory and the LED light issue, the Power Led continue flashing amber, just ignore it but it still working.

Awesome news! can you share the changes you made? Might spur some more development if you can give some more specifics...Just downloaded but a burst pipe in the apt, will cause me not to play with it for a while...Have you tried playing around in the control panel seeing what advanced features work and what do not? thx,
PS. the b1 has totally different hardware than the c1 read the entire thread some guy says he has it working p[m him

Ecoholic
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 21:03    Post subject: can you post the download for modified TEW-652BRP Ver 1 Reply with quote
dp-choppergage wrote:
Just got back to DLink offical on DIR-615 REV C. I'm just testing putting Trednet TEW-652BRP Ver 1 on Dlink DIR-615 then finally it WORK! I was changed the "HEX" code on Trednet firmware to exact fit. Everything just work fine. no problem. Its very stable so far.

can you post the download for modified TEW-652BRP Ver 1? thx G

dp-choppergage
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 21:18    Post subject: Re: can you post the download for modified TEW-652BRP Ver 1 Reply with quote
Ecoholic wrote:
dp-choppergage wrote:

Sure. Here you go. Download link below
bitbear
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 17:14    Post subject: Re: can you post the download for modified TEW-652BRP Ver 1 Reply with quote
dp-choppergage wrote:
Ecoholic wrote:
dp-choppergage wrote:

Is that one better than the dlink original one?
The dlink firmware for dir615 in QoS setting is so bad.
dp-choppergage
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 19:56    Post subject: Re: can you post the download for modified TEW-652BRP Ver 1 Reply with quote
bitbear wrote:
dp-choppergage wrote:
Ecoholic wrote:
dp-choppergage wrote:

Is that one better than the dlink original one?
The dlink firmware for dir615 in QoS setting is so bad.

Yes. QoS set automatic. You don't need config it
kukubau
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi

I flashed my new DIR-615 with dlink-revb-factory-webflash.bin for DIR-600 (hexedited and all), but I want to revert to the original 4.11 dlink DIR-615 firmware.

I tried the firmware update tab in dd-wrt but I get "upgrade failed" so I tried to mini flash it using putty. The thing is that I don't know where to start. I couldn't find anything helpful in the wiki, just bits.

Can you help me guys?

Thanks.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29, 30, 31  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 31
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: