D-Link DIR-615

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Ecoholic
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:23    Post subject: DD-WRT AI Reply with quote
SKY-NET Cool
Packet up... packet in.... dd-wrt came to win... My router crashed...thats kind of a sin...I pressed and I back up...Nvram take the slack up....Try and play with me I got the Jtag for backup....Jump aroud Jump around
Sponsor
bitlili
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:06    Post subject: Re: Any success setting DIR-615C1 as client bridge Reply with quote
vkolli wrote:
vkolli wrote:
I was able to flash my DIR-615c1 with DD-WRT with tew632brp-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin. I am trying to set it up as client bridge and connect to my primary router (Dlink DIR 655). After configuring 615 I am able to join the network and even get IP assigned to its wired clients through the bridge. However I am not able to connect to Internet or ping the primary router from these clients. I rechecked security settings and all I can think of. Any advice?
I have the same setup working with WRT54G linksys router.

The problem is fixed by itself. I did not make any changes. No idea what happened. DIR615 is working fine as a client bridge.

DIR615C2 is working fine as a client bridge too.
Inkobob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Siniy wrote:
Hello. Anybody can confirm stable work with static IP on WAN? When I had pppoe, router was working pretty stable, but then my provider switched me to static IP. Now I have to reboot router several times a day, because it loses internet.
Also ping is unstable , when ping timeout occurs, top command shows that
" 4 2 root SW< 0 0.0 21.4 [events/0]" - 21.4% of cputime
some process "events/0" begins to consume cpu. What might it be?

Exactly the same problem - periodically "Cable not connected"!
Any advice?
steveg1701
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anybody notice that the version of Busybox on this router seems to be neutered? I tried to run the script frater wrote http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=44324&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 and it failed. Turned out that such commands as sort and tee were not available.

BS releases: ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/
Eko releases: ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24_TNG/
Ecoholic
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
steveg1701 wrote:
Anybody notice that the version of Busybox on this router seems to be neutered? I tried to run the script frater wrote http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=44324&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 and it failed. Turned out that such commands as sort and tee were not available.

Could that be a broadcom vs atheros issue? Noticed that post was in Broadcom based forum...

Packet up... packet in.... dd-wrt came to win... My router crashed...thats kind of a sin...I pressed and I back up...Nvram take the slack up....Try and play with me I got the Jtag for backup....Jump aroud Jump around
steveg1701
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't think so, even though it was (I presume) developed on a broadcom based system it is supposed to be a generic DD-WRT script.

I remember reading something somewhere about how the firmware is a tight fit on this device so I thought they might have had to trim Busybox down to make it fit?

fc528e
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 23:58    Post subject: DIR-615 ver. B2 Reply with quote
I saw some discussion on DIR-615 ver. B2. Any updates or firmware for another router that'll work for it?
canttouchthebottom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I joined the bandwagon.

I have Dlink 615 C1 and have followed the instructions in this thread.

Every so often the WAN IP goes to 0.0.0.0 and I have to reboot the router. I turned on the "stay alive"(not what its called) ping tests, and that just caused the router to reboot a lot as it could not ping when 0.0.0.0.

I have an older linksys with the latest dd-wrt beta on it. I was not able to use the linksys to bridge with the dlink. Dlink is the one plugged into the internet.

I will try using the linksys as the main router and use the dlink to bridge.
Ecoholic
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
canttouchthebottom wrote:
I joined the bandwagon.

I have Dlink 615 C1 and have followed the instructions in this thread.

I will try using the linksys as the main router and use the dlink to bridge.

did you do 30/30/30 reset after install?

canttouchthebottom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just tried that, yet I am still getting the WAN ip dropping.

Another strange thing is happening. I cannot get an IP over wifi when using WEP. If turn off security the computer gets an ip.

WPA works on other computers that support it. If I get it working I'll post back what I had to do.
Ecoholic
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
canttouchthebottom wrote:
I just tried that, yet I am still getting the WAN ip dropping.

Another strange thing is happening. I cannot get an IP over wifi when using WEP. If turn off security the computer gets an ip.

WPA works on other computers that support it. If I get it working I'll post back what I had to do.

using mixed mode or? find sucess with n& g ignore b

FoolishOwl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a DIR-615 C1, and I tried hex-editing the file, but the router still rejected it, as others have described. Yes, I checked that it started with "00", and I compared it to D-Link's firmware, just to be sure.
kzddwrt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
FoolishOwl wrote:
I have a DIR-615 C1, and I tried hex-editing the file, but the router still rejected it, as others have described. Yes, I checked that it started with "00", and I compared it to D-Link's firmware, just to be sure.

Hi everyone-
I am a complete newb at all of this.
I can't figure out how to hex edit the bin file properly. I do have a hex editor, it's just that I don't know what to do with it. Could someone please explain this with images?

Thanks.
steveg1701
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
kzddwrt wrote:
FoolishOwl wrote:

Hi everyone-
I can't figure out how to hex edit the bin file properly. I do have a hex editor, it's just that I don't know what to do with it. Could someone please explain this with images?

Thanks.

You would have to consult the help pages of your hex editor. Or, perhaps easier, look through the main Dlink C1/Trendnet thread and you will see there people have posted images already edited and ready to flash!

kzddwrt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
steveg1701 wrote:
kzddwrt wrote:
FoolishOwl wrote:

Hi everyone-

Thanks.

You would have to consult the help pages of your hex editor. Or, perhaps easier, look through the main Dlink C1/Trendnet thread and you will see there people have posted images already edited and ready to flash!

Thanks for the quick reply.
Could you please post a link as I am not sure about which specific thread you are referring to. I'm new to this forum.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 29, 30, 31  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 31
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: