Client Bridge mode and WRT54GL v1.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
snizzles
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 21:24    Post subject: Client Bridge mode and WRT54GL v1.1 Reply with quote
My setup is this, i have a WRT54g v5 that's connected to the cable modem acting as a wireless g AP. I have the WRT54GL v1.1 acting as a wireless bridge up in my room, so i can connect my computer, xbox, laptop, print server, etc. It seemed to be working fine last night but today i've been having problems and can't seem to resolve it. I've searched the WIKI and Forums and found no working answer.

Whenever i say go watch a streaming video on any website, the connection between the two routers is lost and i need to physically reset the GL to regain the connection. It seems like any large load of packets that are tring to be transfered at once freezes it. I've tried toying with many settings and found no solution. Please help for this is quite annoying. Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
wygamail
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Client Bridged mode can cause problems with multiple downstream devices.
I recommend Client mode in your case.

Set your Router IP address to a different subnet than the AP is using.
Fill in the netmask (255.255.255.0) for the router IP. Leave the gateway and dns rows empty.

Enable DHCP on the router.

Release and renew the device DHCP leases.

Everything else is pretty much the same.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was stupid and overlooked something. The signal strength was fairly low. The quality was around 50% and the signal strength was around 55.
snizzles
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've now been noticing this...while playing counter-strike source, my ping is at it's average 50 or so, but every so often, maybe every 5 minutes, it spikes up to 100 and then gradually goes down to 50. All the other neighboring wireless channels are either 6 or 11 and i'm the only person with a wireless network on channel 1. could this still be the wireless stregnth issue, or is it because i'm using the client mode method and not the other one described above, or just something else?
cms22
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
snizzles wrote:
I've now been noticing this...while playing counter-strike source, my ping is at it's average 50 or so, but every so often, maybe every 5 minutes, it spikes up to 100 and then gradually goes down to 50. All the other neighboring wireless channels are either 6 or 11 and i'm the only person with a wireless network on channel 1. could this still be the wireless stregnth issue, or is it because i'm using the client mode method and not the other one described above, or just something else?

something like this ?
i don't know if this person managed to resolve it, maybe you could have a chat and find out (and then tell the rest of us too Wink )
snizzles
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's not as severe as that and doesn't happen as often. It kind of gradually grows from 50 to 100, and then gradually goes back down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: