Add Device Support: WHR-G300N

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
lenchik55
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I only used one file.. Just updated the above post with the file name. I think two files are needed when using web flash, but only one file for tftp.
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
guys instead of claiming and linking it would be more usefull if u would correct the wiki instruction.

...thats why the wiki is there!

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
guys instead of claiming and linking it would be more usefull if u would correct the wiki instruction.

Given the fact that it is still unclear what the tftp process is, it would be irresponsbile to try to state the process in the wiki. The link to this thread is a stopgap measure to deal with the total inadequacy of the information in the wiki. As I don't have this router, I cannot write the process for flashing it.

I am not sure whether lenchik55 is supposed to flash a second file or not. He thinks he is not. The other post describes flashing two files. Which is the process that should go in the wiki?

Peacock Thread Sticky- Just read it! (Anyone using SP1 will be taken out back and shot)
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
lenchik55
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes can you clarify if 1 or 2 files are needed?

xeyo used 030309 files (both of them), first by tftp2, then he uploaded the other file by webgui. I only used tftp2... Which is the proper procedure?

See his comment in this thread:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=271577
xeyo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
lenchik55 wrote:

xeyo used 030309 files (both of them), first by tftp2, then he uploaded the other file by webgui. I only used tftp2... Which is the proper procedure?

Sorry, my mistake: just download tftp2.exe and upload firmware.tftp to the router.
optikal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
xeyo wrote:
lenchik55 wrote:

Sorry, my mistake: just download tftp2.exe and upload firmware.tftp to the router.

I can confirm this.

I just downloaded the tftp2.exe client and firmware.tftp (from downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/280209/WHR-G300N/).

I installed firmware.tftp using the client after rebooting the router and everything worked perfectly!
optikal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Donny wrote:
Sash wrote:

Given the fact that it is still unclear what the tftp process is, it would be irresponsbile to try to state the process in the wiki. The link to this thread is a stopgap measure to deal with the total inadequacy of the information in the wiki. As I don't have this router, I cannot write the process for flashing it.

I am not sure whether lenchik55 is supposed to flash a second file or not. He thinks he is not. The other post describes flashing two files. Which is the process that should go in the wiki?

Only one file, firmware.tftp, is flashed for the tftp method (which is the path I chose).
vvindmill
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 14:17    Post subject: New firmware Reply with quote
Hi, I've just bought one of these routers with the intention of flashing it with dd-wrt.

Which firmware should I use?

I notice there is a version dated 14.3.09

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/140309/WHR-G300N

Should I try this one?
dg9ekc
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi

look here http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=46104

vvindmill
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks so I should avoid the 14/3/09

So I suppose I'll try 3/3/09

I'm flashing from linux, I notice you use Suse, I'm on Ubuntu.

Should I be installing tftp client packages? (the router starts a Tftp server at start up right?)
vvindmill
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've installed

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/03/09) std - build 11718

via tftp (flashing just the firmware.tftp file)

All seemed to work straight away although I did do a 30-30-30 reset just because that seems to be the thing to do.

So far it seems to be working well.

Awesome.

Thanks to all devs. Smile
vvindmill
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just as a side note, I've had a few problems with this router (both with the Buffalo firmware and with dd-wrt) when using a dell XPS m1330 with ubuntu.

I have found that if network mode is set to "Mixed" the XPS will loose the network despite other devices being able to connect.

I this this is probably a problem with the linux driver for the "Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG" card in the XPS or the way network manager interacts with this driver.

Anyway, I have found that setting Network Mode to "G Only" in DD-WRT seems to cure the problem.
dzhiurgis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys,
I have a problem with my WHR-G300N. One day out of nowhere wifi was gone. I tried to restore and downgrade to different versions, but it appears that only 030309 works. Ethernet is working fine and control page shows "Radio On". I tried changing between modes, channels, etc, but no success. Sometimes the network appears just for a moment and then dissapears.
I already have it packed to return to the shop, but the biggest issue here is that Buffalo doesn't have original firmware available anywhere to download, so I will have to return it with ddwrt installed. May I have a problem with that?
Any suggestions are welcome Wink
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Microwave Owen, 30seconds on 800W
dzhiurgis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
Microwave Owen, 30seconds on 800W

Well if you suggest that the problem was caused by TX power adjustments, I should mention i left it unchanged.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 18
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: