Add Device Support: WHR-G300N

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
DoesItMatter
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:39    Post subject: Re: WHR-G300N v2: VPN build or not? Reply with quote
bigbadlemon wrote:
Apologies if already answered - but does the WHR-G300N v2 (that's version 2.0) have a VPN build that can be flashed and working?

thanks all.

I think the WHR-G300N V2 is Atheros based, not Ralink based - need to ask in the Atheros forum.

Yep - here for info:

http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/WHR-G300N_V2

Linksys EA8500 - OpenWRT IPQ806x Trunk R16375 5.4 Kernel

TP-Link Archer C7 V3 - OpenWRT Build R16290 5.4 Kernel
Linksys E3000 - FreshTomato Build MIPSR2 2021.2
Sponsor
repatch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:37    Post subject: Re: WHR-G300N v2: VPN build or not? Reply with quote
DoesItMatter wrote:
bigbadlemon wrote:
Apologies if already answered - but does the WHR-G300N v2 (that's version 2.0) have a VPN build that can be flashed and working?

thanks all.

I think the WHR-G300N V2 is Atheros based, not Ralink based - need to ask in the Atheros forum.

Yep - here for info:

http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/WHR-G300N_V2

I don't see any info about VPN builds.

I've checked the link for brainslayer builds. The only thing in the WHR-G300NV2 directory seems to be standard stuff. I've tried flashing the broadcom VPN build and either end up with a bricked router (thanks tftp) or a failed upgrade.

Can anyone point me to an actual VPN build that works on this router?

Thanks, TTYL
soranblue
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 21:06    Post subject: Serial port error !! Reply with quote
I have a buffalo whr-300n V1 router and I flashed it with a wrong firmware and now it's not working Sad !
As the only way to recover my router is by connecting it to a serial port which i did , but the problem is that I get unrecognized characters and symbols in the console when i connect the router!!!!. I tried a desktop serial port and a USB to serial cable but still the same problem Mad .

The symbols I get in the console :
[ þ¬ŸëåŸu/…IŸŸE§¿Ÿs/…IŸEëåëå¿Y5¿-#3!¥ƒ=IŸE…{sŸŸŸŸŸŸëå3'=/A!59¿ac‹¿3!%¿Ÿ{sŸŸŸŸŸŸ¿!¿Ÿ{sŸ›{—sëå!59¿!#¿Ÿëå!59¿!#¿ëå!59¿!#¿›ëå!59¿!#¿™ëå!59¿!#¿—ëå!59¿!#¿•ëå!59¿!#¿“ëå!59¿!#¿‘ëå!59¿!#¿ëå!59¿!#¿ëå3'=/A!59¿ac‹¿3!%¿Ÿ{sŸ™ŸŸŸŸ¿!¿Ÿ{sŸ™ssssëå!59¿!#¿Ÿëå3'=/A!59¿ac‹¿3!%¿Ÿ{sŸ—ŸŸŸŸ¿!¿Ÿ{sŸ—ssssëå!59¿!#¿ëåE§ ].

And I also got the symbols with a TL-WR941ND v3.6 router.
Please help me to recover my 2 dead routers. any help would be appreciated.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:07    Post subject: Re: Serial port error !! Reply with quote
soranblue wrote:
I tried a desktop serial port and a USB to serial cable but still the same problem Mad .

Routers have 3.3V TTL level serial ports, it will not work with a computer RS-232 serial port or a USB to RS-232 serial cable.
You need a level converter from RS-232 to TTL 3.3V or a USB to TTL cable.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:25    Post subject: Re: Serial port error !! Reply with quote
I appreciate your answer, I'll try it as soon I get a TTL cable. Thanks mate.
soranblue
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, Im trying to Unbrick my WHR-G300N router by tFTP and Serial, but Im stuck at this error after uploading the firmware.bin file and flashing it, the message is
[ 3: System Boot system code via Flash.
## Booting image at bf050000 ...
Bad Magic Number,5748522D
# LED(0x80) Blink[2] (Please press 'Ctrl+c' to stop) ]
and as it says the RED LED blinks twice every second or two !!!!???!
webdawg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:32    Post subject: Re: TFTP and compound TCP Reply with quote
mihak wrote:
OK, here is an interesting finding:

Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 are all using Compound TCP that delays the initial TCP handshake for so much that all these platforms miss the narrow TFTP timeframe required by routers like WHR-G300N.

Simple TCP drivers on Win XP and Linux work fine - I tried Debian, Suse, Ubuntu and WinXP and they are all able to catch the TFTP window.

May I suggest that we add something like this into the wiki:

In order to catch the narrow window for TFTP flash, you should use platforms with simple TCP/IP implementations that don't have CTCP implemented: WinXP or Linux will do, but not Vista, Win7 or W2K8.[/url]

I would have to look into it more, but it looks like you can disable ctcp.

netsh interface tcp set global congestionprovider=none

Someone would have to look into it more. (CTCP TCP Windows 7)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 Display posts from previous:    Page 18 of 18
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: