Asus RT-N15 support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
device is now supported and fully working on my table
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
by the way. the most complicated thing is always to get the devices for porting and testing. i received the RT-N15 today and immediatly ported dd-wrt to it. so to speed up things in future, just provide a test unit. thats all

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
here the binary, for upgrading from asus firmware gui

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:29    Post subject: thanks a lot :) Reply with quote
Thanks for the image, works without problems.

The only issue I encountered is when I use the web interface through FireFox (my version is 3.6.13) whenever I click "Save" or "Apply Changes" the page goes blank and the addressbar shows 192.168.1.1/apply.cgi ... but it happens only in FireFox, Chrome works well. I do not know if this is a general issue with the web interface or it is just an issue of your build.

But once again, thanks a lot for the porting, have been waiting for this for a long time Very Happy
Dark_Shadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:34    Post subject: Re: thanks a lot :) Reply with quote
cervik123 wrote:

The only issue I encountered is when I use the web interface through FireFox (my version is 3.6.13) whenever I click "Save" or "Apply Changes" the page goes blank and the addressbar shows 192.168.1.1/apply.cgi ... but it happens only in FireFox, Chrome works well. I do not know if this is a general issue with the web interface or it is just an issue of your build.

But once again, thanks a lot for the porting, have been waiting for this for a long time Very Happy
Clear the cache and cookies in firefox.

Testing Multiple Routers -- Bootloader Collection Project -- My Wiki
jmandawg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is excellent news!! Been waiting for this. Thanks BrainSlayer!!
cervik123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 23:11    Post subject: Re: thanks a lot :) Reply with quote
Dark_Shadow wrote:
cervik123 wrote:

Clear the cache and cookies in firefox.

that did the trick Smile works perfectly now, thanks
logan_fre
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got this flashed and working in a matter of minutes. Thanks!
romandesign
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 23:38    Post subject: How do I flash Asus RT-N15? Reply with quote
Sorry for the newbie question, but this router is not mentioned on the main site or the wiki, so there is no specific install instructions for it.

finally there seems to be a firmware that is by design should work on my router and I don't know how to flash it :-)

I'd appreciate any advice or link to precise instructions. I've never flashed my router any unofficial firmware, although I've done so on my phone, even changing its OS from WinMobile 6.1 to 6.5 to Android, so I can follow instructions ;-)

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:33    Post subject: Re: How do I flash Asus RT-N15? Reply with quote
romandesign wrote:
Sorry for the newbie question, but this router is not mentioned on the main site or the wiki, so there is no specific install instructions for it.

Just download the file linked above, login to the router normally and upload just like an official firmware update. Then reset the router to factory defaults under the DD-WRT Gui. The default address should be 192.168.1.1
romandesign
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:27    Post subject: Re: How do I flash Asus RT-N15? Reply with quote
logan_fre wrote:

Just download the file linked above, login to the router normally and upload just like an official firmware update. Then reset the router to factory defaults under the DD-WRT Gui. The default address should be 192.168.1.1

I did that, and it seems to have updated OK - I see the interface and can make changes, wi-fi works, but PPPoE does not connect! In all routers I had it was just a matter of username/password. Same info does not work here, it says "disconnected" after I click "connect".

I have tried some of the options in PPPoE section, but they do notg help. There seems to be no log for PPPoE negotiation with DSL modem, so I don't know what's wrong. I've checked and rechecked user/password and both are correct.

I can't even flash back to faactory firmware - it won't accept it.

I'm now using my other router temporarily.

Any advice???

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
by the way. the most complicated thing is always to get the devices for porting and testing. i received the RT-N15 today and immediatly ported dd-wrt to it. so to speed up things in future, just provide a test unit. thats all

Did you test PPPoE? I flashed mine, but PPPoE does not connect. user/pass are correct, I don't know what else to try. It won't even accept the factory firmware now.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 13:43    Post subject: Re: How do I flash Asus RT-N15? Reply with quote
romandesign wrote:

I can't even flash back to faactory firmware - it won't accept it.

Have you tried the Asus firmware restoration utility for the RT-N15? I'm afraid I can't help you with PPPoE since I don't use it.
romandesign
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 17:14    Post subject: Re: How do I flash Asus RT-N15? Reply with quote
logan_fre wrote:

Have you tried the Asus firmware restoration utility for the RT-N15? I'm afraid I can't help you with PPPoE since I don't use it.

Thanks. I will try it if nobody can help me with PPPoE. I'd love to make DD-WRT work, because from what I've seen in the interface, it's awesome. Do you think there might be a reason why PPPoE would't login? Is it a known problem? Maybe it's something with my settings?

Can anybody confirm that PPPoE is working with this firmware?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone managed to connect to their RT-N15 at over 150Mbps? Max i can get is 144Mbps. The specs say it can go 300Mbps.

I never used the stock firmware so i don't know if it went to 300Mbps before being flashed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 10
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: