Asus RT-N15 support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
logan_fre
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
aen wrote:
successfully flashed it...isnt there an option static ip for l2tp connection type? its kinda hard to type from htc... someone please advice me how to deal with my little issue...

Did you look at this article?

http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Configuring_L2TP_client_with_static_ip_adress_of_ethernet_port
Sponsor
aen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks for link...I followed guide, added two lines to startup script but still there are no ups on status page.. should it be in there? also it looks like WAN is vlan2 on my side...kinda sorry for question but I really hope to solve it somehow.
BrandonH
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looking pretty good so far. I had given up on this router ever being supported and broke down and bought a Buffalo router a couple months ago. Bad decision, the RT-N15 has been put back service. I can echo what another poster mentioned earlier about the connection speed not being quite what it was with the default firmware. I can't get over 144Mb either. I believe this might be because the router has 3 antennas, but to me it only looks like DD-WRT is only using two, at least I only see two mentioned on the advanced wireless settings page.
logan_fre
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
aen wrote:
thanks for link...I followed guide, added two lines to startup script but still there are no ups on status page.. should it be in there? also it looks like WAN is vlan2 on my side...kinda sorry for question but I really hope to solve it somehow.

Don't be sorry, asking questions is what a forum is for. I don't know enough to help you anymore, but you might have more luck if you post in one of the more general forum as this might be DD-WRT issue not a RT-N15 specific issue.
miketisch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
At me a problem with PPPoE connection. There is a connection and seconds through 5-10 rupture of communication and so proceeds constantly.
aen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
is there a way to get back to original firmware? I have tried to reflash it with 4 different firmware versions but all of them said upgrade failed...working internet is the only one thing which I'm dreaming about right now.
logan_fre
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
aen wrote:
is there a way to get back to original firmware? I have tried to reflash it with 4 different firmware versions but all of them said upgrade failed...working internet is the only one thing which I'm dreaming about right now.

Same question was asked a few posts up. Use Asus Firmware Restoration Utility.
jmandawg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 20:46    Post subject: Firmware Restoration Guide Reply with quote
Here's quick how to use the Asus firmware Restoration utility. You have to download the Utility from the ASUS website. I've attached the .exe of the utility in case you can't download it (remove the .txt extension).

-You should restore all factory defaults first (if you can)
-Disable all but one network interfaces on your PC. This is nessesary because the firmware restoration tool is not very intelligent in finding the correct interface to use for communicating with the router.
- Configure Windows TCP/IP networking to have static IP address 192.168.1.10
- Disconnect the power cable on the router.
- Press the reset button on the back of the router.
- Keep pressing the reset button while inserting the power cable again.
- Keep pressing the reset button until the power LED starts flashing every second. This puts it in recovery mode.
- Start the firmware restoration tool on your PC (You can find this tool on the CD or download it from the Asus website).
- Select the correct firmware file you want to upload. Double check again if it's the correct one!
- Press upload.
-Pray
-wait...
amazingrandy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 20:58    Post subject: Re: How do I flash Asus RT-N15? Reply with quote
romandesign wrote:
logan_fre wrote:

Have you tried the Asus firmware restoration utility for the RT-N15? I'm afraid I can't help you with PPPoE since I don't use it.

Thanks. I will try it if nobody can help me with PPPoE. I'd love to make DD-WRT work, because from what I've seen in the interface, it's awesome. Do you think there might be a reason why PPPoE would't login? Is it a known problem? Maybe it's something with my settings?

Can anybody confirm that PPPoE is working with this firmware?

Thanks.

I am, my friend, with the same problem. Tried all afternoon without any success Sad
Any news on this pppoe problem ?

thank you
alebastr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
PPPoE doesn't work for me too (with adsl2 modem in bridge mode).
Code:
Connected to xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx via interface vlan2
Using interface ppp0
Connect: ppp0 <--> vlan2
sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <mru 1492> <magic 0xf95e787e>]
rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0xe7 <mru 1492> <auth pap> <magic 0x6778edba>]
sent [LCP ConfAck id=0xe7 <mru 1492> <auth pap> <magic 0x6778edba>]
rcvd [LCP ConfAck id=0x1 <mru 1492> <magic 0xf95e787e>]
sent [LCP EchoReq id=0x0 magic=0xf95e787e]
sent [PAP AuthReq id=0x1 user="<hidden>" password=<hidden>]
rcvd [LCP TermReq id=0xe8]
LCP terminated by peer                 
sent [LCP TermAck id=0xe8]

Tried to use newer userspace (ppp 2.4.5, rp-pppoe 3.8p,3.10), but got same result.
On my desktop pc (fc14, 2.6.35.10, ppp-2.4.5, rp-pppoe-3.8p) everything works fine with options.pppoe from router.

Everything else works perfectly, so thanks for this firmware.
knightslay2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Perhaps you wanna make revision of this version of this fw. I might go and have a try.
Rktkt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:09    Post subject: File Reply with quote
I'm unable to find the file to flash my router with
hi12342
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
BTW what is the download link?

thanks
logan_fre
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rktkt wrote:
I'm unable to find the file to flash my router with

hi12342 wrote:
BTW what is the download link?

thanks

You have to register with the forum to see the link. It is attached on page 4.
jmandawg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone know when the next build is coming out?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 10
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: