Support Request - Belkin N 750 DB - F9K1103 v1 (01A)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
v0ids0ul
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:31    Post subject: Support Request - Belkin N 750 DB - F9K1103 v1 (01A) Reply with quote
Manufacturer: Belkin

FCC-ID: K7SF9K1103V1

FCC Internal Pics located @ https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=1460209

Wireless Chipset x 2?: ralink RT3883F & ralink RT3092L

Switch Chipset: Realtek RTL8367R

Memory: Etron Tech EM68B16CWPA-25H
32MB DDR2 Compatible

An informative site about the above memory is located here: http://www.datasheetdir.com/EM68B16CWPA+DDR2-SDRAM

This router seems pretty good, but could be much better with DD-WRT. If the above listed chip isn't the flash memory than I apologize. It is the only non-networking related chip that is zoomed in on to be readable. I noticed a few smaller chips on the board, including one located under a metal cage of sorts in the overview picture (1st or 2nd pic).

Upon further inspection of the router setup page, it appears that the router may very well be running an open source operating system. The following is copy and pasted straight from the system log:

Code:

an 1 00:00:15        disable write rom conf.
May 17 05:20:34        smbd version 3.0.34 started.
May 17 05:20:34        Warn: select() failure; Errno(4): Interrupted system call
May 17 05:20:34        Unable to open printcap file /etc/printcap for read!
May 17 05:20:34        Unable to open printcap file /etc/printcap for read!
May 17 05:20:34        Netbios nameserver version 3.0.34 started.
May 17 05:20:34        startsmbfilepwent_internal: file /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd did not exist. File successfully created
[/code]
Sponsor
v0ids0ul
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry I just wanted to add that this is Belkin's newest top of the line router that I picked up for $99.99 at walmart by my house tonight. The features are as follows:

Simultaneous Dual Band (up to 300Mbps (2.4Ghz) + 450Mbps (5Ghz) )
Two USB ports for file & printer sharing
5 Internal Antennas
Exclusive Multibeam technology (high powered signal for multiple devices) (A form of MIMO I guess?)
GIGABIT Ethernet ports (Ethernet Chipset specs say that the switch is 4+1 gigabit enabled, so I think the WAN port is also a gigabit port)

Hope this helped a little bit.
If this is running on an open source os, just how much would it help if we had the source code? Because this router is so new, Belkin hasn't even created a support page for it yet. So no firmware, no source posted.
v0ids0ul
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 3:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I filled this out exactly as asked to on the request router support page. Is there anything else that might help? This router so far, even without dd-wrt, seems to be a decent router for the price. I still want my dd-wrt though, so if there is anything more I can do (short of buying another one and sending it, because I don't have that kind of money) please let me know.
guylan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 13:34    Post subject: I just got one too... Reply with quote
I can confirm this has the new RaLink 3883 cpu in it and it is in fact an upgraded Asus Rt-n56u. This model does have the Hardware based NAT and can support 300k+ connections which should make it one amazing P2P gateway.

I have to admit this $99 Walmart special is by far one of the best performing stock routers I have ever bought. Now when DD-WRT becomes available on it, I am betting this will become the new Hot Setup.
Flyser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any news on support?
Is dd-wrt on this model technically even possible? Is the default firmware based on Linux?
UltraWizard
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Flyser wrote:
Any news on support?
Is dd-wrt on this model technically even possible? Is the default firmware based on Linux?

I would personally LOVE to see DDWRT on this unit. Mostly because I prefer the DDWRT Firewall and routing features, and plus IPv6 would be nice in the future considering the price paid for this router.

It definately is running a *nix of some sort. Looking at the firewall log, I have seen calls for Samba. Like this for example:"Unable to open printcap file /etc/printcap for read!" Which is a not uncommon error for when samba is running and printer shareing is not enabled.

If I understand correctly, the Main CPU and 5ghz comes from a Ralink RT3883F.
The 2.5ghz is on a Ralink RT3092.
The Ethernet Switch is a Realtek RTL8367R.
It apparently has 64MB of ram, and possibly 8MB flash.

This link shows some more details: http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/31530-belkin-n750-db-wireless-dual-band-n-router-reviewed
Dieo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any news on if they are working on this router or not? Would make this router look a whole lot more appealing if it supported dd-wrt.
Apex-XT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found the Belkin N750 DB at my local Costco for $89.99. Any possibility of DD-WRT?
soren121
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd also like to see DD-WRT on this router. The default web interface is really lacking in features; it has far less than the Netgear or Cisco interfaces. It'd also be nice to crank up the radio power a bit more.
mchipser
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just an FYI the Belkin site has all their products through SEP 50% off.. with coupon code FB50
TheVishnu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm would also like to see dd-wrt support for this router. I recently wrote Belkin about adding ipv6 support, better QoS controls (the preset is it...), ability to control samba better (hey, maybe I don't want "Workgroup" = workgroup ...), and adding a wins = line to the dhcp daemon conf (yes it's legacy.. but hey, some soho techies like it [though it seems to work fine without]). See what happens (if any) on the requests. Very Happy

Otherwise, it so far screams in performance. Gotta love good ol iptables running the show in the background.

Cheers,
Vish
Endurevp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would love to see the Guest Access expanded so we can set our own IPs. And make the Guest Access work in AP mode getting IPs from the main router when connected to the remote routers just like the regular network does in AP mode. Has anyone even been able to look at the firmware code yet?
etaggart
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 15:19    Post subject: Anyone working on this? Reply with quote
This is a great router but features on stock firmware are lacking. I would contribute to getting a dd-wrt build for this HW..
bail_w
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Would like to know if this device is supported or not as well.
chaddesch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 22:44    Post subject: Bump Reply with quote
Love this router and would love to see DD-WRT on it.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 52
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: