D-Link DIR-882 A1 AC2600

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Fractalis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:02    Post subject: D-Link DIR-882 A1 AC2600 Reply with quote
Hello,

I'm brand new to the custom router firmware community, so please bear with me.

I recently purchased a DIR-882 router which appears to be supported by dd-wrt build 33006 20170803. That date stamp is super recent! I can't find any info on this router in the forums, or any release notes (I'm assuming I'm just blind on that front). I've been reading through posts like the peacock thread but it mentions that it's for Broadcom only and most of these haven't been updated in years, so I find it all a little confusing/intimidating.

I'm pretty confident I can handle flashing the firmware, especially as I have a friend who likes to hack around hardware, but I'm nervous if this is actually a working piece of software for this router and if I'm just going to brick it if things are quite up to code as it were. I don't really want to spend another $200 on what's currently a brand new piece of hardware Smile

Any advice, tips, knowledge, etc. that you guys can provide me to help with this project? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Sponsor
Fractalis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here's are 2 more targeted questions:
This router is not listed in the Router Database, but it is in the Supported Devices list.
What is the difference between the two lists?
Am I safe to install the version listed in supported devices and have things work?

Thanks
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't use the router database. Follow the supported devices page.
You maybe he only one with this router. Try it.
D-link routers have a recover mode. Google d-link emergency room.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update: Build 33006 appears to have worked on this router! I'm still messing with settings and trying to figure out how everything works, but it's at least up and running!!
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got a dir-878 on the way which is the same router minus USB ports. Curious to see how it compares to my r7800, rt-ac68p and wrt1900ac.
I wanted one of all the major chipsets. Lol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Small issue?
When I look at the advanced wireless settings for the 5GHz band, they match the 2.4GHz options. Even the transmission speed talks about the same slower speeds of up to 54Mbps. More importantly for me; I don't see anything talking about MU-MIMO which this router supports. Any ideas why I'd have identical settings showing for WL0 and WL1 advanced?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Working well on my dir-878 which is the same unit minus the USB port.
There is no CPU or radio temperature readout. May be a limitation of the chipset.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
how is this router so far? the dir-878 is priced well here which is the same hardware as the 882 (looks like stock fw limitation to 3 streams instead of 4).

-does it have airtime fairness setting? or could anyone provide a screenshot of full wireless settings for the radios?

-whats the max wan throughput with & without qos if someone has multi routers/pcs to test with?

-whats the max 5ghz ac 80mhz & 2.4ghz 20/40mhz throughput on lan?

-hows wifi latency at idle to the router on each band? lots of 1ms or <1ms or 3ms+?

-if all leds dont function, which ones dont?

-anyone with multi routers, how does client mode (or repeater, whichever wording mediatek uses) PLUS a vap work? ex: host router is 10.1.1.0/24, client dir-882/878 is 10.2.2.0/24 on a diff subnet, with a virtual ap on the same interface broadcasting. the vap works with wpa2 and all? doesnt take several reboots after setting it? this is a key part where broadcom fails hard. cant repeat well.

-does qos have both htb & hfsc for packet schedulers, & sfq, codel, fq_codel for queuing discipline at least? if pie is also there its a bonus.

-does qos interface/netmask/mac priority sections offer wan max down/up columns or ONLY priority?

-lastly an output of cat /proc/interrupts would be nice.

thank u to anyone that can provide all or some answers.

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55416 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55416 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

MESTORM
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the DIR-878 and the attached two images show you the basic wifi settings that are available as well as the QoS settings as well. The QoS page does have both HTB and HFSC available for packet scheduling. Additionally, all of the LEDs on the unit do function properly, as for your other questions I will have to test them later to find out.

tatsuya46 wrote:
how is this router so far? the dir-878 is priced well here which is the same hardware as the 882 (looks like stock fw limitation to 3 streams instead of 4).

-does it have airtime fairness setting? or could anyone provide a screenshot of full wireless settings for the radios?

-whats the max wan throughput with & without qos if someone has multi routers/pcs to test with?

-whats the max 5ghz ac 80mhz & 2.4ghz 20/40mhz throughput on lan?

-hows wifi latency at idle to the router on each band? lots of 1ms or <1ms or 3ms+?

-if all leds dont function, which ones dont?

-anyone with multi routers, how does client mode (or repeater, whichever wording mediatek uses) PLUS a vap work? ex: host router is 10.1.1.0/24, client dir-882/878 is 10.2.2.0/24 on a diff subnet, with a virtual ap on the same interface broadcasting. the vap works with wpa2 and all? doesnt take several reboots after setting it? this is a key part where broadcom fails hard. cant repeat well.

-does qos have both htb & hfsc for packet schedulers, & sfq, codel, fq_codel for queuing discipline at least? if pie is also there its a bonus.

-does qos interface/netmask/mac priority sections offer wan max down/up columns or ONLY priority?

-lastly an output of cat /proc/interrupts would be nice.

thank u to anyone that can provide all or some answers.
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
MESTORM wrote:
... Additionally, all of the LEDs on the unit do function properly, as for your other questions I will have to test them later to find out.

I'm considering a purchase of a DIR-882. How are you liking your router with dd-wrt so far?

Encountered any instances of: DIR-882 2.4 wireless keeps dropping?

Anyone encounter: New TEST firmware after 31571 may BRICK router?
Gazooo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:36    Post subject: Work fine for me Reply with quote
casualtester wrote:

I'm considering a purchase of a DIR-882. How are you liking your router with dd-wrt so far?

This router is a hidden gem. I got the DIR-878 (which has the same guts as the DIR-882 minus the USB ports) for about 120CAD and flashed 10-25-2017-r33607 on it. I now get full bars everywhere in my house and almost full bars to my garage TV (which is about 63 feet away from the router).

No drops at all for me. I'm super happy.
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:36    Post subject: Re: Work fine for me Reply with quote
Gazooo wrote:
... I'm super happy.

Thanks for the feedback Gazooo.

So no finicky settings or LEDs not functioning?
The 5GHz has decent wireless? I ask since the Archer C7 really has pathetic *range with the 5 GHz.
*Compared to Netgear R7000 with XWRT-Vortex firmware.

To install dd-wrt,
Did you just upgrade with factory-to-ddwrt.bin firmware using a web browser?
Gazooo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:18    Post subject: Re: Work fine for me Reply with quote
casualtester wrote:
Gazooo wrote:
... I'm super happy.

Thanks for the feedback Gazooo.

So no finicky settings or LEDs not functioning?

The 5GHz has decent wireless? I ask since the Archer C7 really has pathetic *range with the 5 GHz.
*Compared to Netgear R7000 with XWRT-Vortex firmware.

To install dd-wrt,
Did you just upgrade with factory-to-ddwrt.bin firmware using a web browser?

1. I haven't looked at the LEDs so I don't know.
2. Wireless for both 2.4 and 5GHz is way better than my Linksys WRT1900AC. I have a great connection to 5G over 63 feet away to my garage TV.
3. Just flash using factory-to-ddwrt.bin.
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks again Gazooo.
grizzly993
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 20:30    Post subject: 5 GHz virtual WLAN Reply with quote
5 GHz virtual W-LAN interfaces ba1-... don't get any HW-Adress, still stays 00:00:00:00:00:00 and the interface ba1 is not shown in the networking tab. Any ideas or still a bug from the 5 GHz error? using r33772. Thanks.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 10
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: