Is it possible to remote access my router with new IP?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
shanssv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:38    Post subject: Is it possible to remote access my router with new IP? Reply with quote
Hi,

I installed DD WRT firmware..I am using this firmware to use WOL most of the time my computer will be in shutdown mode. now i know my IP address and i can access my router page from anywhere so i can start my computer.

In case if my IP changes due to ISP reset or powerloss, is it possible to connect to my router from internet? is there is anyway to do this? i dont have static IP.

Thanx
Sponsor
User61
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Set up DDNS. Get yourself an account from freedns.afraid.org or dyndns.com and set up DDNS with DD-WRT. If your IP changes, you can still access your router via a domain name, something like homerouter.dyndns.com.
shanssv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
is it like No-IP.com ..because for these sites i have to install client software in my system to update my IP on the server so my system should be switched on for that. if it is like that then it is no use for me...

Thanx
shanssv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
i got it ..thanx...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: