Problems with slow Internet access once I VPN to work LAN

djpaule
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:33    Post subject: Problems with slow Internet access once I VPN to work LAN Reply with quote
To all,

I have noticed that my Internet access slows down to a crawl once I launch the Nortel VPN client and access my company's network. I have all the pass thrus enabled on the VPN tab on my router. I am running the Nortel Contivity Client 6_01.102 on a Windows XP machine, my router is a Linksys WRT 160N with version DD-WRT 24 SP1 and my high speed Internet provider is Comcast. I think this is the last client Nortel released for XP as the one on their site now is newer and only supports Vista. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Paul
Sponsor
bjoeg
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
please note you are posting in the announcement forum.

How does internet slow down. On the same PC using the VPN tunnel?

If so, has your employer allowed split tunelling, so you can access local ressources including your own internetline while connected.

You may actually be surfing through your employers internet line when connected.
gefuni92
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice announcement...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: