dedicating antannae on Linksys WRT54g

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
papajon81
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:10    Post subject: dedicating antannae on Linksys WRT54g Reply with quote
My buddy had poor wifi signal in his backroom. I had an old WRT54g. i installed DD-WRT v24-sp2 micro build 13064 on it. i wasn't able to move the routers around to get better line of sight. i soldered Coax connectors to the motherboard and antennae so it would have moveable antennae. i have 1 ran outside the house to the window of the room with the original access point, and the other is on the router in the back room.

i set up the connection as a repeater using these instructions http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater

i want to now if there is way to dedicate the one antenna to the access point or if the router will do it automatically?

his router is a WNR1000v2-VC with firmware V1.0.0.12NA i don't want to do anything to his further than a firmware upgrade or changing settings. if i brick it, i bought it.

i know that using a cat5 cable to connect the 2 and setting up a direct connection would give better results, but sans that and no budget for this project that's the best i came up with. any advise for a better/faster method to wirelessly link these two appreciated.
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router will deal with antenna diversity automatically.

You need to read the 4 broadcom forum announcements. Re: your build.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: