HowTo: Create multiple (B)SSIDs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
jwall04
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have followed the steps outlined in the InterActive HowTo, if I complete the steps down to the start of the startup and firewall script modification I can connect to the second SSID but the IP I get is that of my original SSID. If I continue on and add the startup and firewall scripts I can no longer connect to the second SSID, I can see it broadcasting but Windows tells me it cannot connect, I'm not getting an IP.

I am using a Linksys WRT54GS v1. Running "nvram get wl0_corerev" tells me I have core rev 7. I am not sure if this is part of the problem but I have previously setup a second vlan, 2, on physical port 2 of my WRT54GS, which is also running DHCP via DNSMasq. The command I have for this is:

interface=vlan2
dhcp-range=10.10.2.100,10.10.2.149,255.255.0.0,10080m

To get this my vlan 2 to work I also had to add a custom startup and firewall scripts:

startup:

#!/bin/ash
PATH="/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:${PATH}"
ifconfig vlan2 10.10.2.1 netmask 255.255.0.0
ifconfig vlan2 up

firewall:

iptables -I INPUT -i vlan2 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -i vlan2 -o vlan1 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -i vlan2 -o vlan0 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -i vlan2 -o ppp0 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT

I have tried adding the startup and firewall scripts from the interactive howto to my existing startup and firewall scripts above as well as overwriting the current scripts altogether, but no matter what I cannot connect to the second SSID after using the scripts, and without them I can connect to the second SSID but I don't end up on the network I want.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT:

I have discovered that if I flash back to a config backup without the vlan 2 setup my second WLAN does hand out the proper IP and the firewall rules work as expected as long as I don't use encryption on the second WLAN. This isn't perfect but I can live with it since this WLAN will just be for testing.

Ideally though I'd like to have this second WLAN as well as the vlan 2 setup, but I cannot get both to work together; the second WLAN does not hand out IPs, with or without encryption. Maybe it has something to do with my DNSMasq command:

interface=vlan2
dhcp-range=10.10.2.100,10.10.2.149,255.255.0.0,10080m
interface=br1
dhcp-range=br1,10.10.3.100,10.10.3.110,255.255.255.0,1440m

If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate hearing.
Sponsor
kuzma
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, I have the same problem. Virtual wlan is working but without internet access. I read that I must use WAN but I can't. I have 1 server(freebsd router) with dhcp and I need use network 192.168.0.0 , I can't use 2 different network (192.168.1.0 and 192.168.0.0) So when I connect only LAN to e1200 wifi is working but virtual wlan don't work. Can someone help me?
jwall04
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
kuzma, I wish I could be of more help but I never did get this working. I ended up connecting a second WRT54Gv3 router to VLAN2 and configuring a wireless network on that.
CliffP
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
First:

The latest version (March 9, 2014) of the Interactive HowTo should solve the problem of the virutal interfaces not being able to connect to the internet.

I was getting a lot of emails about this, that the HowTo was able to create multiple virtual wireless interfaces without a problem, but that none of those interfaces were able to access the internet. I was never able to solve that problem for the simple fact I was unable to recreate the problem.

But a few weeks ago, I got myself a Linksys E4200 router and experienced the same problem many of you were experiencing. So I was finally able to do some troubleshooting. Eventually the solution was pretty simple. All I needed to do was to add a single line to the firewall rules.

When I made that change, all wireless interfaces came online immediately.

So if you were having this problem, try it out one more time and please let me know if it worked for you too.
Boris4
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi CliffP, and thank you for your great HowTo. You mentionned you change a line in the firewall script, which is it? Did you add the last one about NATing?
CliffP
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 23:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Boris4 wrote:
Hi CliffP, and thank you for your great HowTo. You mentionned you change a line in the firewall script, which is it? Did you add the last one about NATing?

Yes.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 Display posts from previous:    Page 14 of 14
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: