Zoom 4400 AP+2 and WRT54GS working WDS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
PatrickVogeli
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 19:44    Post subject: Zoom 4400 AP+2 and WRT54GS working WDS Reply with quote
Hi there!

I've had this Access Point for a year now, but only some months ago I set it up as a WDS node.

I read somewhere (the dd-wrt wiki, maybe?) that dd-wrt WDS wouldn't work with different chips (so, if I have an atheros based and a broadcom based, they wouldn't work together) and that there wouldn't be a fix, since the WDS impletations of each was different.

Ok, some boring afternoon I tried to set up a WDS net between my Sagem F@ast 2404 modem/router, my linksys wrt54gs v4 and my zoom 4400 ap+2. Oh, it just worked! No troubles at all, and it has been working for months.

So, could it be that the zoom 4400 also had a broadcom chips? If it had, could it be supported under dd-wrt?

I'll try to open the zoom and post some photos or info later.

Cheers
Sponsor
GeeTek
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was fucking around with my new Engenius 2610 radios (Atheros chipset, factory firmware) and found out that they WDS fine with my Buffalo broadcom radios.
Shocked

http://69.175.13.131:8015 Streaming Week-End Disco. Station Ripper V 1.1 will do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: