WHR-HP-G300N reboot issue with revision C0 B0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
netman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 22:50    Post subject: WHR-HP-G300N reboot issue with revision C0 B0 Reply with quote
Hi!

I am using Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N APs a lot but stumbled accross a problem with the new revision of them (C0 B0) when using the "real" DD-WRT firmware (14929 as well as 22118 so probably most/all of them): the device often gets stuck after a reboot with the Power-LED on and the DIAG-Led blinking. This situation can be resolved by doing a power off/power on but of course this is not a solution.

The issue does not occur with revision C0 A1 so I thought it is probably a hardware-design-fault but when I use the Buffalo DD-WRT-Firmware (19154) the issue does not occur.

The issue is easy to reproduce: take a WHR-HP-G300N with revision C0 B0 and do a factory reset, leave all configuration as it is and only configure a "WDS/Connection Watchdog" under Administration - Keep Alive. Set it to Enabled, put the interval to for example 120 seconds and type in an IP Address that is not reachable (for example 192.168.1.22 if this address is not used). After only a few keep alive-reboots the device will be stuck with the Power-LED on and the Diag-LED blinking. A few reboots will succeed but already after some more reboots the device will be stuck.

Question is now: why does it only happen with "real" DD-WRT-Firmware and not with the Buffalo DD-WRT-Firmware? Another question is why does it only happen with revision C0 B0 (whereas answering this question does not necessarily help to solve the problem).

I hope someone can shed some light on this issue - until then I can't use the WHR-HP-G300N anymore since I need the reboots/watchdogs in many scenarios.

Maybe there is a way to define how a reboot is performed or something. Also: maybe you want to check your Buffalo-APs (or even other brands) to check if they show the same behaviour.

Thanks a lot for every help!

Cheers
netman
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: