Micro-plus with ssh here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
SSH_wanted
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Redhawk0 and soulstace: I will give it a try tonight (or tomorrow) and keep you posted.
Sponsor
zSandman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 18:56    Post subject: Re: WRT54G V5.0 Reply with quote
zSandman wrote:
redhawk0 wrote:

Yeah...the original ssh build was a bit unstable.

Try this one.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn11296/dd-wrt.v24-11296_NEWD_micro-plus_ssh.bin

redhawk

Just flashed, did "Factory Reset" form web gui before and after the flash. As soon as I entered all my settings and rebooted something happened to it. I can ping it but no web, ssh, telnet or DHCP.
I'm doing this remotely, (not through this router,) so I can't physically reboot it. Rolling Eyes Will try again when I get home.

I de-bricked the router with tftp tool and dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic.bin.
Using tftp again, I flased to v24-11296_NEWD_micro-plus_ssh, and was getting same instability as with 10654. I guess this router just can't handle sshd?
now running micro_generic, which is pretty stable.
Has anyone been able to run micro_plus_ssh on V5 sucessfully?

SSH_wanted
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 20:27    Post subject: Unstable also Reply with quote
I also tried 11296 on my WRT54g v.8 and it was very unstable, any change on settings and I had to reset. I had to get back to the standard micro version (with many difficulties!)
ctovar_ve
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 21:59    Post subject: Re: Unstable also Reply with quote
SSH_wanted wrote:
I also tried 11296 on my WRT54g v.8 and it was very unstable, any change on settings and I had to reset. I had to get back to the standard micro version (with many difficulties!)

Same thing in my v8 with 12060 micro plus. High CPU load, WebGUI becoming sluggish till fail, telnet and ssh too. The v8 don´t wake up. Need to power cycle and same history again. Only 1 computer, wired, even without WAN connected. I think that high cpu loads at power on (firsts 3 min) is normal. But at 30 mins uptime, spontaneously and unjustified 100% cpu load, this don't.

Then, hard reset again, load micro plus only, same behavior... Still testing. I can see a "micro" only again in my life. My only question is: Anyone knows why? It's very intriguing to me.

Otherwise, thanks for the impressive free support.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:33    Post subject: sshd support for WTR54GS V2.x Reply with quote
Hello Forum,
Anyone have any idea whether there are any plans for compressing cfe on WTR54GS V2.x so that we can install micro plus that includes sshd? I'd really love to get sshd running on my compact travel WTR54GS linksys router. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Best Regards,
/F3l1c3m
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 14:10    Post subject: Re: sshd support for WTR54GS V2.x Reply with quote
f3l1c3m wrote:
Hello Forum,
Anyone have any idea whether there are any plans for compressing cfe on WTR54GS V2.x so that we can install micro plus that includes sshd? I'd really love to get sshd running on my compact travel WTR54GS linksys router. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Best Regards,
/F3l1c3m

You might find some information in Redhawk's sticky on compressed CFEs. I expect that the routers that were compressed were done because they were the more popular ones. Less common routers likely won't be worth the effort, but check out that thread too.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
hunterthomson
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, I am vary VARY happy to see the router I just ordered for $30 form newegg.com supports this :D

I just got a ASUS WL-520gC would have been better to get the WL-520GU with the 4MB Flash mem but I am putting this up in a tree as a WiFi repeater so I didn't want to spend to much money. I am replacing a WRT54GSv7 that got watter in it and broke.

This guy said he installed this and it works and it is also in the vary short mico-Plus compatibility list.

Quote:
[kyxap, 11 Feb 2008]

* With last stable DD-WRT firmware (v24SP1 build 1020) dhcp doesn't work with my WL520GC. This one is extended version of DD-WRT with SSH-support (unofficial build, but works perfect for me).

Wow, it will be so nice to be able to forward my TCP traffic through SSH to my home router while at the coffee shop/ on the road. I am sure I will find many uses for SSH on the router.

I will post here if I get it to work or not.

Next I want to buy a router that has at lest 8MB of flash mem. Then install DNS/Ping tunning software and Kismet and all the goodies.

--------------------------------

Also, I would like to note that ASUS has right in the description of both the WL520gC and WL520gU

Quote:
Support DD-WRT Open source code

Go ASUS, with the Open Source Love Cool
The Open Source Community makes way better code then any Hardware manufacturer. I think all companies would be better off installing DD-WRT or Open-WRT on there routers by default and CoreBoot on Motherboards. Hell and Linux, BSD, or Solarus on laptops and Servers and Desktops Razz
mmkfly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 16:40    Post subject: Recommended revision? Reply with quote
What's the most stable revision thus far? I saw in this thread that svn11296 is "recommended for now," although this was from earlier this year.

I successfully compressed the CFE and installed svn12774, and it's working okay, but the CPU usage did seem fairly high.
modervador
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 17:16    Post subject: Re: Recommended revision? Reply with quote
mmkfly wrote:
What's the most stable revision thus far? I saw in this thread that svn11296 is "recommended for now," although this was from earlier this year.

This might help:
Announcement: STOP! READ THESE ANNOUNCEMENTS RIGHT NOW. ALL OF THEM.
Announcement: Peacock Thread-FAQ: You NEED to read this!
Announcement: Updated 09/20/09 - Firmware Recommendations [Renamed]
mmkfly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for that, although I was asking specifically about micro-plus-ssh.
tdiguy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:27    Post subject: just great! Reply with quote
I just was able to find out about and get this installed and i am very happy. I just flashed my wl-520gc with the micro plus ssh build 14853m firmware and i love it. i can now ssh into my home ubuntu box or my win7 (open ssh) machine using ssh tunnels. This works out so much better than port forwarding. I will be tracking down where i can make a donation this firmware is well worth it.
gatorback
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:09    Post subject: Process for selecting version of micro-plus for WRT54GS 7.2 Reply with quote
Kudos to eko. SSH (IMHO) is one of the more valuable services.

I was browsing through the latest eko SVN repository latest eko SVN repository (click here): dd-wrt.v24-15943_NEWD_micro-plus.bin was successfully flashed on a WRT54GS V7.2 based on the instructions in the readme file.

I was expecting to be able to setup SSH: Why is there no option to enable SSH under the services menu?
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:16    Post subject: Re: Process for selecting version of micro-plus for WRT54GS Reply with quote
gatorback wrote:
Kudos to eko. SSH (IMHO) is one of the more valuable services.

I was browsing through the latest eko SVN repository latest eko SVN repository (click here): dd-wrt.v24-15943_NEWD_micro-plus.bin was successfully flashed on a WRT54GS V7.2 based on the instructions in the readme file.

I was expecting to be able to setup SSH: Why is there no option to enable SSH under the services menu?

Because you need micro_plus_ssh :lol:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn15943-snow/dd-wrt.v24-15943_NEWD_micro-plus_ssh.bin

redhawk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 20:22    Post subject: Aye Caramba! Reply with quote
@redhawk0: Thank you for gentle nudge. I can confirm that it installed and SSH login works. Very nice work.
yyzyyz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 20:59    Post subject: Current recommendation for micro plus ssh Reply with quote
Can someone tell me what's the current recommendation for micro plus ssh build?

Also, there are reports of instability and high CPU usage issues with WRT54G v8 at the top of this page. Is it something about the builds that were being tested (11296/12060/12774) or possibly the v8 hardware itself? Has anyone been able to get any of the micro ssh builds running stable on v8? Thanks.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: