Will TP-Link TL-WR941ND be supported?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
svpb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:36    Post subject: Always read before you install Reply with quote
Im kinda upset that i installed dd-wrt after i found that my settings were not sticking.

3.2 with an intel flash.

is anyone working on a fix , or is there anything i can do to assist.

guess ive got a great shiny paperweight[img][/img]
Sponsor
TechnicianX
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 14:14    Post subject: Initial flashing Reply with quote
Hi everyone.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but could someone please tell me whether the factory-to-ddwrt.bin, or the tl-wr941nd-webflash.bin should be used for initial flashing of the WR941ND router? I am planning to flash my new router through the web interface of the stock firmware once I have checked its flash chip.

Any answer to this question would be much appreciated, thanks.
realmaxpayne
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 0:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,
I also plan putting dd-wrt Firmware on my TP-Link WR941ND router and got some last questions before doing it and hopefully not bricking my router.
I did read the whole thread and some others too so I got some fundamental information about it.

Here's the information about my router.
It's the "D" version with detachable antennas
and the Version is 2.2

Latest firmware from TP-Link is installed:
Firmware Version: 3.11.8 Build 100609 Rel.61214n
Hardware Version: WR941N v2/v3 00000000

Now here my questions:

1. I read about the Intel Flash Chip problems, not saving changes and making revert to the original firmware impossible. So are the problems still there, or are they fixed with the latest version? Or is the intel flash only built on V3 and later versions of the WR941ND ? Mine is 2.2 so could I expect that problem on this version too or not?
I do not want to open the router if V2 is not affected by this problem, but if it is the only and recommended way, i will do so. So please information on this issue.

2. The process of going to dd-wrt from original should be
the following so far as I read, pleas correct me if it's wrong.

- restore factory settings on original firmware (via webinterface)
- doing Hard Reset (aka 30/30/30 reset) on original firmware
- Then flashing "factory-to-ddwrt.bin" image via webinterface
- Then doing again Hard Reset
- Then Flashing "tl-wr941nd-webflash.bin"
Here I am not sure if the router is still on the old orginal firmware webinterface, or ddr-wrt temporary interface. Some explanation would be nice
- After this doing again Hard Reset
- restore factory settings on dd-wrt firmware (via webinterface)
- Done, taking desired settings.

Please respond if this is right or if I got something wrong.

3. Last question is about which version I should take:
"Router Database" says "Supported by" -> 15788
Latest version seems to be 16214. So which should I take?
Always the "supported by" or the latest available?
Is there a changelog what is done in newer releases?

kind regards
and great job on the whole
dd-wrt team!
svpb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40    Post subject: can this help? Reply with quote
Does anyone know if this can help?

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=83476#p83476
ijcsujusz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 18:51    Post subject: switch working as hub Reply with quote
Hi, i installed dd-wrt on my TP-Link WR941ND v3.2, after install the switch working as hub.
What may cause the problem?
macstar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello all,

Another "happy" TP-Link customer (oh how I wish I have found these forums BEFORE I bought this router...) with a Rev 1.2 Board and an Intel Chip... Oh and btw I can verify that my "3.0" (as labeled on bottom) has that "notorious" flash chip... so people wondering... OPEN THE CASE before flashing... it's not only 3.2v that has this issue.

May I dare ask now... if it ever got supported? I found an OpenWRT guide for flashing it but I'd like to try DD-WRT as well... and probably before OpenWRT.

Any info, especially from LOM... would be greatly appreciated :)

ms
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
macstar wrote:
Hello all,

Another "happy" TP-Link customer (oh how I wish I have found these forums BEFORE I bought this router...) with a Rev 1.2 Board and an Intel Chip... Oh and btw I can verify that my "3.0" (as labeled on bottom) has that "notorious" flash chip... so people wondering... OPEN THE CASE before flashing... it's not only 3.2v that has this issue.

May I dare ask now... if it ever got supported? I found an OpenWRT guide for flashing it but I'd like to try DD-WRT as well... and probably before OpenWRT.

Any info, especially from LOM... would be greatly appreciated :)

ms

There isn't much I can tell - I'm not a dd-wrt developer but I think it should had been fixed already half a year ago when the problem first was found.
There has been many users bricking their routers since then and there is now also reports about Intel S33 chips in the WR-841.

You can load OpenWRT on it, they have a proper serial flash detection which supports this chip.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="LOM"]
macstar wrote:
There isn't much I can tell - I'm not a dd-wrt developer but I think it should had been fixed already half a year ago when the problem first was found.
There has been many users bricking their routers since then and there is now also reports about Intel S33 chips in the WR-841.

You can load OpenWRT on it, they have a proper serial flash detection which supports this chip.

Hmmm... Yeah indeed... Oh well... I will look into it a bit later on this year... but I *think* there should be a "warning" on the "supported" page of dd-wrt about this that directs to a page that says "open your router to make sure"... until this problem is fixed... I almost "pressed" that button to do the first round of the change... and I then thought to make a search on the forum before I actually go ahed... many people will unfortunately not be as suspicious...

As for OpenWRT... I'll give it a whirl...

THANK YOU for your time and efforts on helping people with this issue... :)

ms
tommyl7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there any news on 320s33b ?
paulonline
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am using build 15778 on my wr941nd and when i move or copy a big file (like videos) through the lan port my internet connection goes down

Sad
zoltm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have recently purchased one of this router, hardware shown being v3.6 .

I would like to know if this is indeed a hardware version that would work with dd-wrt?
intraz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="zoltm"]I have recently purchased one of this router, hardware shown being v3.6 .

I would like to know if this is indeed a hardware version that would work with dd-wrt?[/quote]

hi,
i have the same Q.
i already posted it on another thread but posting here 2 to get updates.
intraz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
zoltm wrote:
I have recently purchased one of this router, hardware shown being v3.6 .

I would like to know if this is indeed a hardware version that would work with dd-wrt?

same here
Pippopappo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, my model is 2.2
I've tried the latest firmware but it won't go faster than 54g. It won't connect at all if I set it to N Crying or Very sad
rgonzm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pippopappo wrote:
Hi, my model is 2.2
I've tried the latest firmware but it won't go faster than 54g. It won't connect at all if I set it to N Crying or Very sad

Some have news about this????....i have the same version of router (v2.2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24, 25, 26  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 21 of 26
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: