Linksys WRT54G2 now supported

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78  Next
axelkiz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello!
wrt54g2 v1
router is not pinged.
illuminated only lan port
reset 30\30\30 does not help.

there are options to check or just the jtag cable?
Sponsor
jambo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
mtdewd wrote:
jambo wrote:

Try reinstalling the firmware again after doing a hard reset. Thats what I would try to do. See if that fixes it. Can't see why it would all of a sudden not work anymore from just setting in the box after previously working just fine. Unless it got damaged somehow in the move. Good luck.

I thought of that. A couple of issues. Will I need to upload the "kill" firmware first?

And, I have no access to the web gui, so how do I do install new firmware without that?

Well not quite sure were you'd go from here since you have no gui. Maybe one of the experts here can offer some advice. Sorry I couldn't be more help to ya. I did my WRT54G2 awhile back and haven't had any problems what so ever thank god. Works great by the way. Key to all this, is to follow all instruction to the T, if ya know what I mean. Anyway Good luck and hope one of the experts can offer you a solution soon.
TheInVisibleGoD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Which is the latest and most stable firmware version available for this router?
sacflies
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, was trying to flash my Linksys WRT54G2 router and now can't access the router interface and the power light isn't coming on the router. I was following the step to upgrade with the VxWorksKiller-G2V1-new.bin file and was watching the status bar and then my router lost connection and I can't get it back up. This is complicated because the DD-WRT site seems to bounce you around to various pages that seem to relate different info and it really gets confusing. But I was just following one of the early steps from the Linksys WRT54G2 V.1 Wiki and the door seems to have been shut right away. I did the hard reset and was really trying to follow directions to a T, but maybe this just ain't for me. I ordered a Linksys N router in hopes of doing this on it but I may just cancel that one. I must say I am really not understanding the "Tftp the DD-WRT firmware to the router". I guess I shouldn't have even started this, but I am usually good at following directions if they are laid out well.

Guess maybe I bricked a router on the first (and last!) attempt
SometimesWarrior
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your hard work Eko and other DD-WRT experts! My WRT54G2 v1 upgrade worked without a hitch. In case anyone is curious, here are the details of my success:

I followed steps 1-6 for VxWorksKiller-G2V1-new.bin, using tftp2.exe on Windows Vista for step 4, and a 30-second power cycle between steps 4 and 5, as recommended in the peacock thread. I doubled the wait time from 60 seconds to 2 minutes after uploading VxWorksKiller, since that is what is written on the wiki page for the WRT54G2. I also waited 5 minutes after tftp'ing dd-wrt.v24-10709_NEWD_micro.bin before attempting to load 192.168.1.1.

I then set a default username/password in DD-WRT, went to the admin tab, and upgraded the firmware (with a reset to default settings after upload) to Brainslayer r14929. A link for that firmware can be found in the peacock thread, but I've added a direct link here: dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic.bin. I waited 3 minutes, made sure the DD-WRT welcome page still loaded for 192.168.1.1, and did a 30/30/30 hard reset.

Now for the fun part: discovering all the cool new things my router can do!
byronm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 15:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
SometimesWarrior wrote:

Now for the fun part: discovering all the cool new things my router can do!

let me know how the wireless works for you. My Samsung Focus phone would take 30 seconds to connect to wifi and my laptops would all drop to 1mbit after a short amount of time downloading anything bandwidth heavy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey all!
I have a WRT54G2 V1 that I flashed mostly following the directions at the beginning of this post. I say mostly because there was a hiccup along the way. But the end result was getting "dd-wrt.v24-10709_NEWD_micro.bin" flashed on to it. So all was good, I was poking around looking at what the firmware had to offer and getting comfortable with what was there.
Then I went back to the router database to double check something and saw that "v24 preSPR2 [Beta] Build 13064" is recommended!
So my question is Where do I get that file for my router? I have been poking all around the web site and may just have totally missed something real simple, but I can not find that file for my router.

Or is there a more stable recommended build? And if so where do I find that.

Thanks for helping with what I am sure to find out is a total noob mistake.

EDIT: Reason: more knowledge

Ok I have been doing more reading and according to the wiki I should upgrade to "NEWD_Micro.bin build 12548"
But am still having the same problem with locating that file for my router.
anatema
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi!
I have a WRT54G2 Firmware Version: 1.5.01.
I followed all the steps for the flashing, but I cant finnisht the process, everytime i try to upgrade from the admin page I get "Upgrade Fail".

What should I do? Tried with all the browsers but still I get the same problem.

Thanx !
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
anatema wrote:
Hi!
I have a WRT54G2 Firmware Version: 1.5.01.
I followed all the steps for the flashing, but I cant finnisht the process, everytime i try to upgrade from the admin page I get "Upgrade Fail".

What should I do? Tried with all the browsers but still I get the same problem.

Thanx !

Hi!

What hardware version do you have? 1.5 perhaps? The g2 v1.5 is not supported.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 0:01    Post subject: Can't set wep etc Reply with quote
wrt54g2 v1

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) micro

(SVN revision 13064)

Followed the instructions and all looks normal but it won't enable wep/wpa/wpa2 etc....when I choose from the drop down menu it tries to apply my choice but gives a blank white screen
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 0:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
1st.. you flashed a bad build but that is not your problem. However, read the recommended firmware anouncment..

to fix your issue, clear you browsers cache & cookies and / or use a diff browser. I use IE.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:18    Post subject: Can't set wep Reply with quote
Thanks...that did the trick

13064 is the recommended build for g2 v1 ...what did I miss??
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:33    Post subject: Re: Can't set wep Reply with quote
10kwatt wrote:
Thanks...that did the trick

13064 is the recommended build for g2 v1 ...what did I miss??

barryware wrote:
1st.. you flashed a bad build but that is not your problem. However, read the recommended firmware anouncment.. at the top of the broadcom forum.. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
byronm wrote:
My Samsung Focus phone would take 30 seconds to connect to wifi and my laptops would all drop to 1mbit after a short amount of time downloading anything bandwidth heavy.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I've been working on it for the better part of a year. I eventually just gave up and ran cat5.

Thanks!
10kwatt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:33    Post subject: forum install instructions Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=40142&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Adding the ftp link for the right build in Eko's forum post would be helpful to the neewbs

1. Download ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/WRT54G2V1%20Flashing/VxWorksKiller-G2V1-new.bin

2. Download ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/WRT54G2V1%20Flashing/dd-wrt.v24-10709_NEWD_micro.bin

3. Download ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/WRT54G2V1%20Flashing/tftp.exe (Windows tftp client)

4. Reset the router to defaults on the Linksys Admin page, and let it reboot or manually reboot it after its finished. Read the peacock announcement http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486 and take special note of number 11, (how to tftp).

5. Set your computer to a static IP address of 192.168.1.8 and 255.255.255.0 for a mask and plug ethernet cable into LAN port of the G2v1 unit.

6. Log in admin page (username is blank, password = admin) and navigate to firmware upgrade page. Browse to the VxWorksKiller-G2V1-new.bin file, press Upgrade and wait 120 seconds for it to reboot on its own, if it does not, then powercycle the router manually. Wait another 120 seconds and reboot it again. Router should now be listening for tftp transfer of dd-wrt firmware.

7. **This Step Does NOT HAVE ENOUGH DETAIL** You may have to be running windows, and use the modified version of TFTP that can deal with passwords...

Tftp the DD-WRT firmware to the router, use "dd-wrt.v24-10709_NEWD_micro.bin" that you downloaded in step 2; after sucessful tftp, wait 3 min for the router to finish writing new nvram deafults, etc... It should reboot on its own at least two times, so give it 3 min and then go to http://192.168.1.1 (If it not reboot on its own, wait another 1 min, and then power cycle it)

8. When if finishes booting up...do a hard reset on the unit...let it boot again, and configure.

9. Upgrade the NEWD_Micro.bin build 12548 after you have dd-wrt running, following the steps in note 1 of the peacock announcement

10. Don't forget to set your computer back to automatically obtaining DHCP and DNS.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 75 of 78
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: