Need Confirmation

smc1979
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:14    Post subject: Need Confirmation Reply with quote
Hi all, this is my first post, so sorry if I have this in the wrong place.

I need to confirm if the port range forwarding page is the same for dd-wrt v24 on all the routers it supports.

I have created a free program that automates setting up port forwarding.

http://www.pcwintech.com/node/8

Its called Simple port forwarding, and right now I have support for DD-WRT v23 & 24 which I was able to test on a linksys wrt54g. So I need to know if I can mark it to work with all dd-wrt firmware routers or if I need to make a new one for each router.

The program works by reading the box and button names, and thats how it tells where to put things, so as long as the page, text boxes and button names are all the same then it should support all the routers.

here is the script my program follows to give you an idea how it works

nav_first_only("")
nav_first_only("Forward.asp")
set_form("0")
click_button("Add")
timeout("1000")
set_name_array("0|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25")
set_name_to_check("name,0")
set_name("name,0")
set_start_port("from,0")
set_stop_port("to,0")
set_type_choices("TCP|UDP|BOTH")
set_combobox("pro,0")
set_ip("ip,0")
set_checkbox("enable,0")
click_button("Save Settings")
click_button("Save")
click_button_last_only("Apply Settings")

Any help would be great.

Thanks a ton
-Shane
Sponsor
soulstace
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
The port forwarding section is the same on every router I have installed dd-wrt on (all Broadcom based).
smc1979
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I hope this is true with all of them, having to just add one entry and support all dd-wrt based routers would be a big time & work saver for me.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
here u can check a avila demo page

dd-wrt.com/demo

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok from what I have seen all the pages seem to be the same.

so I have changed my simple port forwarding program to show: (All Routers With DD-WRT v23 & v24 Firmware)

I have the 3 how-to guides done as well; port forwarding, triggering and wireless plus the screen shot page.

I will be adding the mega version screenshots soon.

Thanks for the help!

Great to know I don't have to make a script for all the routers DD-WRT supports, that would have been a challenge!
ro-maniak
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, this looks really nice, compliments.

But there is one function that NEEDS to be added in order for this to be really useful (as far as i can tell it is not in there yet).

Program should be able to first capture current forwards from dd-wrt.

This would seem not to hard a feature to program...?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Right now the program only adds new ones.

Im still trying to find a universal way of having it detect if a entry is already there. It doesn't over write, only adds new. But trying to have a program support so many different routers has its limits. The program is under 2 months old, so only time will tell how much I can get it to do.

Capturing what ports are in use for DD-WRT, linksys and some others is real easy for me to do, but its covering all routers is what is hard.
ro-maniak
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I understand. Nevertheless, just add it for these routers to begin with. The program does not have to provide the same features for every router (at the same time).

Why not have the program, if the router selected is supported in that respect, call the router and retrieve the mappings? If a router is selected for which that is not available, then it just does not.

Another thing: after the program has updated my router, the router has lost its WAN IP. DHCP renew brings it back. Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/14/0Cool mini. Happens every time.

So, if I update the router again now, it double adds the port forwards?

If so, and if it is to hard to only update forwards as needed, maybe the program should first delete all existing entries and then program the new ones?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
there are a lot of new features im going to be working on. First one I think will work for all routers is to read the entire html looking for the entry name from the program.

So if I have say CounterStrike1 in the program and it goes to add it again it will look for the word CountStrike1 in the html of the whole page and all boxes that have values. If it finds it it skips it. I need to test this first.

Retrieving isn't hard for some routers, DD-WRT is a good example. How my program checks which box it needs to go to is it looks at the name box, if it is not blank it moves to the next until it finds one. So retrieving those vales would be easy enough and have them added into the program. But im going to work on the checking if something already exists and skipping it first.

After I have that down and tested I may consider your idea of making the retrieval of the ports available for what routers I can (Some routers list the ports being forwarded in a list, no boxes, so no good way to have the program find what it needs).

I don't want the program to delete anything as of yet, cause a person may have something in there they don't want removed, I leave removing up to the user, but I do put a button "View/Remove Ports" in the program which takes them right to the page, at least a few less steps for them.

The program basically mimics what the user does, it user the same pages, clicks the same buttons. Is your WAN ip dropping just a bug with DD-wrt when new ports are applied?

After I take the kids trick or treating tonight im going to start working on the check if exists and get it rolling first.

Thanks for your ideas :-)

-Shane
smc1979
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good news, I been testing some code and I got it working where it checks if a entry is already on the page.

I need some help testing.

I think this thread has gone off topic as we are mainly talking about my program now and not dd-wrt, and I dont feel like ticking any admins off lol.

Contact me if you want to help me test.

Thanks everyone for their time!

-Shane
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: