WISP features I can't find in dd-wrt

mikes2277
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 18:38    Post subject: WISP features I can't find in dd-wrt Reply with quote
I am very new to dd-wrt (about 1 hour) but I can't find some basic features that are need to operate a WISP. Perhaps someone can point them out to me but I don't see them. If they don't exist today I might be interested in donating money to BrainSlayer to have them added.

Base Station/AP Features:
1. Rate limiting per MAC address, collection of MAC addresses or IP addresses. Ideally while getting their MAC address authenticated by RADIUS the rate limits would also be set. The rate limiting features are built into the Linux kernel so this should be pretty easy to implement.

2. DHCP option 82 support so that users can be uniquely identified other than just by their MAC from the DHCP request. This is not that critical since most everyone could be identified by their MAC alone but it would allow for other possibilities if each user was given a slot/port type assignment in the base station too.

3. Dynamic source IP address restriction to prevent clients from using IP addresses that were not assigned to them via DHCP. In other words, if client A gets assigned a DHCP IP address of 192.168.1.100 and client B get 192.168.1.101 then client A should not be able to set his IP address statically to 192.168.1.101. Well, he can but the base station should deny his traffic and prevent the bridging table from becoming corrupt. I know this can be done with iptables for static assignments but something needs to exist for DHCP assignments. This can be done by snooping the DHCP packets as they go out to the client and then building an iptables rule on the fly.

Thanks!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> X86 based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: