Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:36 Post subject: Accessing http://192.168.1.101:8080/POS from outside office
We are using web-based accounting software. Internally, everybody is accessing the software by going to: http://192.168.1.101:8080/POS. It will show the bellow screen.
Now, we want to make this software available ONLINE on the internet.
- Server (where 192.168.1.101 is) is online on the internet 24/7
- Our WRT54GS ver 1.1 is based on DD-WRT v23 SP1.
- I am using a remote computer using DIAL UP connection trying to connect to our web-based acounting software. I always get a PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED everytime I type (http://18.104.22.168/POS) or even (http://22.214.171.124:8080/POS). However, I can ping our server IP address 126.96.36.199 just OK from the remote computer using dial up.
The question is now..how to setup the PORT forwarding and stuff on WRT54GS so someone outside our office can access the web-based accounting software?
Sounds like all you need to do is go under Applications & Gaming -> Port Forwarding, and forward port 8080 to 192.168.1.101, then you would just go to http://188.8.131.52:8080/POS as you described. I use a very similar setup and it works perfectly.
However, I get a page cannot be displayed. I can ping 184.108.40.206 using dial up just well. When I try to open, it seems that IE is trying to open the file, but failed to do it. It finally came out with "the page cannot be displayed".
Can someone please help me? FYI, I have a Symantec Antivirus Corporate 10 running on the server. I have disabled it. Might that be the problem?
yes the WAN IP of your box is 10.0.0.13 not 220.127.116.11. Your isn't directly connected to the internet. you must redirect the port 8080 of the things having 18.104.22.168 to 10.0.0.13. _________________ - WRT54gs v4 @ 225 Mhz - DD-WRT V24 vpn -
- SD/MMC Mod 128 MB - Serial port & JTAG -
- Diversity switch removed -
As Grumpy said, 10.0.0.3 is a private IP address which means you must be getting NATed somewhere (probably by your ISP). If they gave you a seperate router or firewall you have to have port 8080 allowed through also.
I just want to give an update that I have worked this out. It seems that my DSL modem has PORT FORWARDING that I need to setup. So, not only the WRT54GS. Everything works now. thanks for people who helps me out...