Please Help! My WRT54G V6 is bricked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
slyman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 23:55    Post subject: Please Help! My WRT54G V6 is bricked Reply with quote
Alright I have managed to brick my WRT54G V6. Now, the power light is blinking and all the ethernet ports are lit. What do I do? Is there hope?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
rolothree
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:19    Post subject: Probably not bricked! Reply with quote
I doubt it is bricked.........

I've had that happen several times and when I thought what the heck I need a paper weightany way I was able to get it back to life...

Been through it enough times I'd be surprised if they can be easily bricked unless an upgrade was halted half way through.
Matthiaz
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:44    Post subject: Re: Please Help! My WRT54G V6 is bricked Reply with quote
slyman wrote:
Alright I have managed to brick my WRT54G V6. Now, the power light is blinking and all the ethernet ports are lit. What do I do? Is there hope?
Thanks in advance.

Hope? For a v6?!? There WAS never hope that this unit is worth the money...
Anyways, what you do is described in the Wiki! Have fun reading it by yourself, since these threads are always the same. Oh, and did you search...?! Rolling Eyes
rkloost
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 14:29    Post subject: Re: Please Help! My WRT54G V6 is bricked Reply with quote
slyman wrote:

What did you do to brick it?

The WRT54Gv5 and WRT54Gv6 are POS hardware, not to mention the WRT54Gv7.

IMHO: If you want a Linksys, buy the WRT54GL, otherwise buy one of the Buffalo's
from the dd-wrt shop

1xWRT54Gv2

In need of WRT54GS <= v3 EU/UK for firmware-debugging purposes. Buffalo's are welcome too! PM me if you have a spare one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: