Trendnet TEW-652BRP, Atheros AR9130, DLink DIR-615 C1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
wwilhoit1966
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
is there a specific document on how to do 652brp know it is similar to dir-615 just don't want to break it.
Sponsor
undivine
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 15:21    Post subject: Rev 2? Reply with quote
hydeph wrote:
Ok, here's how I got it working on a Trendnet TEW-632BRP:

I uploaded a custom zip file to simplify things. Get it from the following link and extract it before beginning: http://www.sendspace.com/file/a8o195

Note, these same steps should work for TEW-652BRP as well.

First, I modded my Trendnet into a "DLINK DIR-615 REV C" by using these steps. (Some of you may have already done this back when DDWRT wasn't available)

After I turned my Trendnet into a "DLink", I updated its firmware to version 3.10 using the "dir615_revC_firmware_310.bin" file via the web interface.

Then, I updated the "DLink" firmware with the "dir615-revC-fw310&up_-_factory_to_interim_dd-wrt_firmware.bin" file via the web interface and did a 30/30/30 reset.

Finally, I updated the firmware again with a corresponding real DDWRT firmware from the router database, either "tew632brp-firmware.bin" or "tew652brp-firmware.bin" for proper hardware identification by the firmware. These 2 files are already included with the zip file, but it's best to grab the latest version from the router database.

Enjoy Very Happy

I want to try this but I got a HW V2.1R off ebay. Will this work on that hardware rev?
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 15:33    Post subject: Re: Rev 2? Reply with quote
undivine wrote:

I want to try this but I got a HW V2.1R off ebay. Will this work on that hardware rev?

No, the 652BRP v2.x versions are using a Realtek cpu and are not supported by dd-wrt.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 0:19    Post subject: Re: Rev 2? Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
undivine wrote:

No, the 652BRP v2.x versions are using a Realtek cpu and are not supported by dd-wrt.

I think he was asking about the 32 instead of the 52
EZ out
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:58    Post subject: Re: Rev 2? Reply with quote
ez2kill wrote:
LOM wrote:
undivine wrote:

I think he was asking about the 32 instead of the 52
EZ out

ok, but the answer will be the same Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Will to extend free space into based Atheros AR9130 routers (4M), like DLink DIR-615, by SD card ?
Where I can find datasheet for 7100, 9130 ?
khaledseif
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 13:15    Post subject: Re: Getting Repeater bridge working on TEW-652BRP Reply with quote
mgaz wrote:
I installed fine on my TEW-652BRP v1.1, but can't get repeater bridge? It doesn't show up in drop down options, and tried following wiki instructions for Atheros with no luck. is this not available in these builds, or with HW on this router? i have got it working on several other routers with build 13064 so not sure if its the build (although I see posts of others using 14144 as repeater bridge successfully on other routers).
if anyone has had success please post details. Thx

I have the same problem, is it supposed to work or not?
rwmuller
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks to all who have posted here and worked on getting the DD-WRT on these routers.

mgaz wrote:
I installed fine on my TEW-652BRP v1.1, but can't get repeater bridge?

andy4theherd wrote:
Is anybody with a TEW 652-BRP able to get a 150 or 300 Mbps wireless connection? Using Trendnet drivers I was able to get a 150 Mbps connection with my laptop and 300 Mbps with my desktop. After switching to DD-WRT I am only able to get 65 Mbps with the laptop and 150 with the desktop. ...

I have installed DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/23/10) std - build 14311 on my TEW 652-BRP V1.1. It boots but I have the same problem as mgaz no repeater bridge entry.
Further I am unable to get an 802.11n connection. My laptop recognizes the AP as a 802.11g router and connects at g speeds (50 mps). I have tried setting the AP to N only but then it fails to connect, I am also running DD-WRT build 13064 on a NetGear 3300 with no problems, it connects at 150 mps every time.
Wired connections run 100 mps on both APs (the NG does not have gigb. ethernet but the desktop does.)
Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated.
andy4theherd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
rwmuller wrote:
Thanks to all who have posted here and worked on getting the DD-WRT on these routers.

mgaz wrote:
I installed fine on my TEW-652BRP v1.1, but can't get repeater bridge?

andy4theherd wrote:
Is anybody with a TEW 652-BRP able to get a 150 or 300 Mbps wireless connection? Using Trendnet drivers I was able to get a 150 Mbps connection with my laptop and 300 Mbps with my desktop. After switching to DD-WRT I am only able to get 65 Mbps with the laptop and 150 with the desktop. ...

I have installed DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/23/10) std - build 14311 on my TEW 652-BRP V1.1. It boots but I have the same problem as mgaz no repeater bridge entry.
Further I am unable to get an 802.11n connection. My laptop recognizes the AP as a 802.11g router and connects at g speeds (50 mps). I have tried setting the AP to N only but then it fails to connect, I am also running DD-WRT build 13064 on a NetGear 3300 with no problems, it connects at 150 mps every time.
Wired connections run 100 mps on both APs (the NG does not have gigb. ethernet but the desktop does.)
Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated.

do you have anything near your router that could be interfering with the signal? i have a summer video baby monitor that i think causes some problems with the N connection. i have the exact setup as you but can connect at N only without problems. i just can't get better than 65Mbps...
rwmuller
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
andy4theherd wrote:

do you have anything near your router that could be interfering with the signal? i have a summer video baby monitor that i think causes some problems with the N connection. i have the exact setup as you but can connect at N only without problems. i just can't get better than 65Mbps...

No there is not obvious source of interference. Very odd not matter what wireless mode I use it shows as a b/g router, even in N only mode.
What mode are you using and what channel width. I am using WEP2 Personal TPIK. are you using encryption, if so what type?

Thanks again for the thoughts.
rwmuller
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
andy4theherd wrote:

DD-WRT install. using Mixed mode it now shows 802.11n,
I connect at 65mps same as you. I guess I will continue to play. I would like to used DD-WRT but I know the router can do better.

Any other thoughts anyone?
Thanks in advance.
andy4theherd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm using WPA2 Personal AES

I've tried with and without encryption with no difference. I'd go back to the Trendnet FW but I can max out my DSL bandwidth with the 65Mbps connection and I don't transfer many files between PC's.
z00mantwo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:58    Post subject: Re: Newbie - confirming flash ? Reply with quote
steveg1701 wrote:
dins93 wrote:
hello.

I bought the trendnet 632 after seeing is was supported on the dd-wrt.

i just want to be sure how to flash this - i have flashed my wrt54g - but i've read on this board that you have to do a hex fix ? or can i flash right from the tew632brp-firmware.bin ? also, can i flash from the trendnet gui or do i have to start it in recovery mode (this i have not had success with)
i just wanted to have a clear step by step process on how i am to do this so i don't brick the router! Smile i am currently using belkin F5D8235-4
and my computer is a macbook pro - and belkin CONSTANTLY DROPS my connection - wish i could flash the belkin - but hoping the cheap trendnet w/ dd wrt will offer a much more stable internet connection.

thank you for your help and direction - and thanks for everyone who works on all this and answers these post for newbies like me Smile

You can simply flash the firmware from the trendnet gui but not tew632brp-firmware.bin - you need the tew632brp-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin for the first time flash. Then when you want to upgrade to a newer version you can flash the tew632brp-firmware.bin from the DD-WRT gui.

I just tried this with my Belkin F5D8235-4 v2 and get

Firmware Update Failure: You have attempted to install an incompatible firmware version. Your router will now reboot.

I was using the tew632brp-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin

Any ideas?
andy4theherd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finally got a 130Mbps connection with my laptop.

I had previously been using a Trendnet TEW-644UB USB wireless N adapter. I was able to get 130Mps with Trendnet firmware but not with DDWRT (65 max). I just added an internal Intel 4965agn card to my laptop and running like a champ at 130.
hotwell
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:51    Post subject: Re: Rev 2? Reply with quote
hydeph wrote:
Ok, here's how I got it working on a Trendnet TEW-632BRP:

I uploaded a custom zip file to simplify things. Get it from the following link and extract it before beginning: http://www.sendspace.com/file/a8o195

Note, these same steps should work for TEW-652BRP as well.

First, I modded my Trendnet into a "DLINK DIR-615 REV C" by using these steps. (Some of you may have already done this back when DDWRT wasn't available)

After I turned my Trendnet into a "DLink", I updated its firmware to version 3.10 using the "dir615_revC_firmware_310.bin" file via the web interface.

Then, I updated the "DLink" firmware with the "dir615-revC-fw310&up_-_factory_to_interim_dd-wrt_firmware.bin" file via the web interface and did a 30/30/30 reset.

Finally, I updated the firmware again with a corresponding real DDWRT firmware from the router database, either "tew632brp-firmware.bin" or "tew652brp-firmware.bin" for proper hardware identification by the firmware. These 2 files are already included with the zip file, but it's best to grab the latest version from the router database.

Enjoy Very Happy

i followed the instruction but after I held the reset button, the router went kuku, it won't detect or connect. i set my own ip and got into 192.168.10.1
the page says
DIR-615 Firmware Upgrade System

-------- Version 1.0.0.1

------Date 2007/07/17

when i try to update the fw, it says "
Firmware Upgrade

Incorrect hardware ID image, Please check !

NOTICE !!
* Please select the correct image !
"

what am i suppose to do now? i have tew-632brp A1.0R

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=21763
this guy said he had the same problem but on his 652. it worked for him after changing the hex hardware ID. how do i do that exact?

i Used Hex Editor Neo, scrolled all the way to the bottom and changed the HW ID, still doesn't work. any help plz? am i doing it right?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 24 of 26
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: