2.4.37 Filesystem and USB Kernel Modules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
DrDre
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:58    Post subject: ASUS WL500W and hfsplus module - latest build Reply with quote
Hi,

anyone can compile and share the modules for hfsplus for the latest preSP2?

Linux ASUS-WL500W 2.4.37 #4168 Thu Mar 19 19:22:30 CET 2009 mips unknown

actually all other modules would be nice too.

Thanks
Sponsor
SethG911
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 0:12    Post subject: NTFS Still Read Only Reply with quote
I have the ntfs.o on my router under the jffs folder and working correctly. I also set it up to auto insmod upon startup. For those having issues with this go under administration - commands and enter

insmod /jffs/ntfs.o

then on a the next line whatever mount command you use which can be dtermined by running a dmesg in telnet

mount /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /mnt

and hit save startup.

HOWEVER!

I can see my ntfs partition just fine after mounting it using ftp but I can not write to it. I get this warning:

NTFS: Warning! NTFS volume version is Win2k+: Mounting read-only

Any ideas on how to make it so it is not read only? I have tried nearly everything I can think of
slvrbllt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 13:39    Post subject: Re: 2.4.36.6 Filesystem and USB Kernel Modules Reply with quote
rkozola wrote:
[...]
/usb/serial/ftdi_sio.o (FTDI Single Port Serial Driver)
/usb/serial/usbserial.o (USB Serial Converter support w/ USB Generic Serial Driver)
[...]

Any chance to have those two modules for 2.4.37 ?

Thanks.
Silver
hans_lt
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
NTFS has some versions, the first one starting with Windows NT 4.0. If i remember right, NT 4.0 SP6 had some changes and NTFS formated on NT4 SP6 was not readable on NT 4 w\o SP. Current NTFS version on Vista\XP SP3 is something like v4 or v5.
If you really need NTFS write support, try to format drive with oldest NTFS version (on NT4 no SP PC) or with latest (XP SP3 or Vista PC).
As NTFS should be backward compatible, most likely it is worth trying to format disk on NT4 no SP machine.

Or maybe that NTFS driver is read-only "by design".
Do85
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello, I'm a new user... I just buy a WRT610N with firmware v24-12427 mega. I tried to use an hard drive NTFS but the format is not supported... there's some methods to improve the NTFS support?
thanks
StylePlaya
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm a new user too, but not totally newbie in linux!
I've now got my HDD mounted and can read files via FTP Client. But, if I mount with the startup script seen in SethG911's post, I can only see the last of my 3 partitions on my usb-hdd!

Startup Script:

insmod /jffs/ntfs.o
mount /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part2 /mnt
mount /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part3 /mnt

did anybody know where i've done the mistake?

also i've got read-only! is there really no possibility to write on a ntfs disc?
im excited of dd-wrt but these linux issues make it difficult for microsoft desktop users!

So long...
maxdukov
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
mount /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part2 /mnt
mount /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part3 /mnt

very simple - you mount all 3 partitions to the same folder - so you can see only last one.
solution - make 3 directory in /mnt (command mkdir /mnt/d1; mkdir /mnt/d2; mldir /mnt/d3) and exec
/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /mnt/d1
/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part2 /mnt/d2
/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part3 /mnt/d3
zhadoom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,
I'm currently using dd-wrt.v24_vpn_generic.bin V24preSP2 13064 in a DIR-320. The openvpn is really important to my use.

After downloading the package at the 1st post transfered the contents to a temporary directory at /tmp of the DIR-320.

insmod of the usbcore, acm, etc and all shows in dmesg as loaded ( lsmod confirms ).

To the point: I want to support a external usb mass storage. ext2 could be the fs. Looks like that
something is missing or no loaded.

is scsi missing ? or not implemented in this kernel ?

Anyone can help me with this ?
gruenesAlien
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I hope you have read:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/USB
zhadoom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
gruenesAlien wrote:
I hope you have read:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/USB

I already read this article. After looking more deeply to the modules available at the vpn firmware I think that the only way is the mega firmware over usb.

are there any openvpn + usb support firmware under 4MB size ?
gruenesAlien
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can try to use a mini_usb_ftp firmware and install optware. Optware has a OpenVPN-server, too.
zhadoom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
gruenesAlien wrote:
You can try to use a mini_usb_ftp firmware and install optware. Optware has a OpenVPN-server, too.

Thanks. I will try it. Smile
m00nman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
NTFS is only supported in read-only mode at current stage. DD-WRT is running kernel 2.4 which doesn't have built in support for NTFS. There have been some discussion on ntfs-3g (supports ntfs read/write and is stable) driver for 2.4 kernel on this forum. Use search.

Other options would be to format your hdd as ext3. There's a free driver on the i-net that adds ext3 support to windows.

Wait for dd-wrt 2.6 kernel to come out. It will support ntfs read/write since it's built in into the kernel.

Nethear R6300 v2 - Latest Kong dd-wrt always
Linksys E3000 - Latest dd-wrt always
Asus RT-N56U - OpenWRT trunk
GamerBR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
m00nman wrote:
NTFS is only supported in read-only mode at current stage. DD-WRT is running kernel 2.4 which doesn't have built in support for NTFS. There have been some discussion on ntfs-3g (supports ntfs read/write and is stable) driver for 2.4 kernel on this forum. Use search.

Other options would be to format your hdd as ext3. There's a free driver on the i-net that adds ext3 support to windows.

Wait for dd-wrt 2.6 kernel to come out. It will support ntfs read/write since it's built in into the kernel.

This says it all, there are ways to put ntfs-3g on kernel 2.4 but it's not reliable.
But about waiting for de dd-wrt 2.6 kernel coming out, are they even working on it? This kernel was launched about 6 years ago and we are still using the 2.4 kernel.
m00nman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
GamerBR wrote:
m00nman wrote:

This says it all, there are ways to put ntfs-3g on kernel 2.4 but it's not reliable.
But about waiting for de dd-wrt 2.6 kernel coming out, are they even working on it? This kernel was launched about 6 years ago and we are still using the 2.4 kernel.

They are working on it. dd-wrt K2.6 has been launched for wrt320. Wrt-610 is next on the list.

K2.4 is better on embedded systems' limited resources that's why it's been in use for so long. K2.4 is still being developed by the way.

Nethear R6300 v2 - Latest Kong dd-wrt always
Linksys E3000 - Latest dd-wrt always
Asus RT-N56U - OpenWRT trunk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: