I can't get bwlog working...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
krikkit
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
rovel wrote:

One small problem I have is that I have configured the ftp backup option to store BWDATA.TGZ file to be saved in the /router1 and /router2 subdirectory of the ftp server at the 192.168.4.144 IP with the needed passwords. Not the root directory. But it always saves bwdata.tgz in the main root directory. When I upload wrtbwlog_cust.tgz it's also saved in the root ftp directory.

Is this a bug in the config for ftp backup or am I doing something wrong?

this was a bug from me... i fixed it so that it should save in the correct dirs...

download at: http://www.krikkit.net/download/wrtbwlog_cust_exp.tgz

Sponsor
rovel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, krikkit.

I downloaded + tested the repairs of the wrtbwlog, which you've done.

My settings in the "Configure menu" are:

Backup active: 1
Backup interval: 1000
Backup destination (FTP or FLASH): FTP
Backup path (flash only): /tmp/
FTP server: 192.168.4.144
FTP user: router1
FTP password: router1
FTP rootdirectory: /router1sub

1. By pressing the "Upload custom WRTbwlog version" button in the configure menu the

software still continue to upload the file in the main "root" directory, not in th

"/router1sub" subdirectory of the ftp server at 192.168.4.144

2. You add a string "router1sub" to the name of the file i.e. the file is now named

"router1suwrtbwlog_cust.tgz"

Can you please have a look.
Thanks
Roberto
rovel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry, did not spell correctly the name of the file.
It is "router1subwrtbwlog_cust.tgz"
HHoyt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 22:31    Post subject: WRTDD 2.3 SP1 BWLOG 1.1 - help with Backup Reply with quote
I seem to have a problem with FTPPUT within CUSTOM.SH (WRTBWLOG BACKUP)

It wants to do a Change Working Directory but my Server only recognizes Change Directory.
So, I fail on the CWD command.

There is a patch to BusyBox, but I do not understand how to do it.
Without FTPPUT doing a 'CD' I do not think my backup works .

What is the easiest remedy ?

Thanks,

Howard
HHoyt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 23:12    Post subject: BWLOG Backup using FTPPUT on DD-WRT Build 23 Reply with quote
if I go directly into telnet or putty of busybox and do
ftpput -u my_id -p my_pwd users.touchnc.net wrtbwlog_cust.tgz wrtbwlog.tgz

I get the same failure
ftpput: CWD error: 'wrtbwlog_cust.tgz': No such file or directory

Perhaps I am interpreting the error wrong-does FTPPUT try to use CWD instead of CD, or is it the syntax of the way the ftpput command is built ?

Thanks, Howard
HHoyt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 16:58    Post subject: BWLOG Backup using FTPPUT on DD-WRT Build 23 Reply with quote
Well, nothing wrong with ftpput.
I wenti into backup.sh and explicitly coded my ftpput and ftpget.
That seemed to work.
h
victorhooi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
heya,

Not on the same error, but on the wiki I was recommended to post here, so here goes.

I installed the official BWlog from the website (1.1, I believe is the latest, circa July), and ran ./start.sh.

No error were reported, I waited 10 seconds, shell returned.

However, whenever I try to navigate to any of the pages, eg.

http://192.168.1.1:8000/status.cgi

I simply get a blank white page. In firefox, the page icon is what I think is the BWlog icon (small picture of a WRT54G). Using LiveHttpHeaders, I get:

Quote:

http://192.168.1.1:8000/status.cgi

GET /status.cgi HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.1.1:8000
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-GB; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7
Accept: text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5
Accept-Language: en-gb,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive: 300
Connection: keep-alive

HTTP/1.x 200 OK
----------------------------------------------------------

Using Internet Explorer, I also get the blank white page.

I also tried a second time with the repackaged bwlog mentioned on these forums, but I got the same result. Of course, I didn't remove the first instance of Bwlog (I don't actually know how..?). Would that have caused a clash? Of course, it didn't work the first time around either...lol...

Any help would be greatly appreciated Very Happy.

Thanks,
Victor
canis
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 22:03    Post subject: WRTBWLog Reply with quote
The krikkit.net versions works fine here on WRT54G V2.2 with V23 SP2 09/15,
Thanks to krikkit team!

May be, you put not exact syntax FTP root directory, you need the slashes:
/web/Routername/

I`m using an NAS, so the startup- script looks like:

sleep 30
cd /tmp
/usr/bin/wget http://nas-ip/routername/wrtbwlog_cust.tgz
/bin/tar -xzf wrtbwlog_cust.tgz
rm wrtbwlog_cust.tgz
cd bwlog
rm bwdata.tgz
/usr/bin/wget http://nas-ip/routername/bwdata.tgz
./start.sh

where the bwlog data are stored within the webserver directory of the nas.
May be it`s helpfull.
Aridyme
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is anybody having problems with ftpput? I can't seem to get it to deposit files onto my FTP server. I'm pretty sure my server is set up correctly since it does work with other FTP programs such SmartFTP, Filezilla, and even ftpget.

Using freeFTPd, ftpput successfully logs in and logs out but doesn't deposit anything. Output with -v just shows one line that says it's connecting to my FTP server. Using Filezilla Server and WarFTP, ftpput hangs while trying to log in (the command line is busy, but the FTP server shows no clients connected).

I've had this problem with both SP2 2006/07/04 and SP2 final.
Aridyme
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's been a while but I still don't have a reliable way to back up the data. What FTP server is everyone running?
krikkit
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
my ftpserver is warftp (if i remember it correctly)... and it works fine with dd-wrt v.23 sp2
Scratch2k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 22:48    Post subject: Re: WRTBWLog Reply with quote
canis wrote:
The krikkit.net versions works fine here on WRT54G V2.2 with V23 SP2 09/15,
Thanks to krikkit team!

May be, you put not exact syntax FTP root directory, you need the slashes:
/web/Routername/

I`m using an NAS, so the startup- script looks like:

sleep 30
cd /tmp
rm wrtbwlog_cust.tgz
cd bwlog
rm bwdata.tgz
./start.sh

where the bwlog data are stored within the webserver directory of the nas.
May be it`s helpfull.

Thank gord for this thread, I tried installing bwlog on my SP2 WRT54GL and couldn't get it working (of course), found this thread and all my problems are solved.

The krikkit.net version works perfectly with a manual install, then I used the info in the post above to set up automatic installation on the router startup script, it was installing but not restoring my backed up data...then I figured out there's a step missing from the above script.

sleep 30
cd /tmp
rm wrtbwlog_cust.tgz
cd bwlog
rm bwdata.tgz
/bin/tar -xzf bwdata.tgz
./start.sh

(my http paths are different obviously)
Without the highlighted line all the script does is upload the bwdata.tgz file and do nothing with it, I'm not sure if bwlog is supposed to do this automatically but mine was not so this line was needed to force the data/config to restore.

I hope this helps other people looking for a simple bandwidth monitoring script that runs on the router, I tried several SNMP based log viewers and they were all over complicated, hard to set up or just plain didn't work properly.

In answer to the last question about FTP servers, I'm using the one built in to XP/IIS, it works.
Scratch2k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aridyme wrote:
Is anybody having problems with ftpput? I can't seem to get it to deposit files onto my FTP server. I'm pretty sure my server is set up correctly since it does work with other FTP programs such SmartFTP, Filezilla, and even ftpget.

Using freeFTPd, ftpput successfully logs in and logs out but doesn't deposit anything. Output with -v just shows one line that says it's connecting to my FTP server. Using Filezilla Server and WarFTP, ftpput hangs while trying to log in (the command line is busy, but the FTP server shows no clients connected).

I've had this problem with both SP2 2006/07/04 and SP2 final.

As I said in my post above I had the backup and restore working flawlessly but I had to reinstall windows on the machine that was hosting the FTP site. Since I reinstalled, the backup worked once and has refused to work since.

The problem is exactly as what Aridyme has described, bwlog connects to the ftp site but does nothing. The account being used has write access to the folder/site because if I log in manually I can deposit files. The log files for the server show bwlog logging in, then just sitting there doing nothing, it doesn't even attempt to put a file.

Does anybody have any advice? I would even be happy with a manual backup, is there some way to get the bwdata.tgz file off the router via telnet or some other method?

I'm using the Krikkit version of bwlog on DD-WRT v23 SP2.
Scratch2k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
I somehow fixed this after trying about everything I could think of..

After trying to manually ftpput from the router using the same code from the backup.sh file:

/tmp/bwlog # /usr/bin/ftpput -u XXXX -p XXXX -v 192.168.X.X bwdata.tgz bwdata.
tgz

It refused to work, but then I stopped and started the FTP service on the host machine and it suddenly started working again, the thing is i'm sure I had already tried this, oh well, all's good. (is anyone else reading this thread? is anyone else still using bwlog?)
Aridyme
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good to hear that it's working for you. It's still broken for me though!

I even tried using OpenWRT's wput binary. It successfully deposits files onto my FTP server but it doesn't detect the local file size properly. It thinks bwdata.tgz on the router is 700MB and it sees that bwdata.tgz on the FTP server is only a few KB, so it tries to resume the transfer in an infinite loop. None of its switches stop it from doing that, unfortunately.

Anybody have any suggestions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: