Linksys WRT160N v2 - supported in future?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
djhewi1025
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
TiZon wrote:
what's BS?
what's a stable ralink?

RALINK is the chipset inside of the 160n v2. They are trying to make it so that its stable.
Sponsor
jonbe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

TiZon wrote:
what's BS?
what's a stable ralink?

BS = Sebastian Gottschall, aka BrainSlayer, founder, maindeveloper.
TiZon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
ow, ok

thx Wink
Chrisbert
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
ok

the device arrived in bensheim...and they sent it to BS. so we will have to wait till we have a stable ralink port which we havnt right now. testing device is whr-g300n atm

Search the codetracker for rtl8306. The latest one, someone provided the source for the driver needed to get the ethernet switch in the wrt160 v2 to work. If it's workable, it just need to be integrated into dd-wrt. Has there been any work on that?
sleepy_bo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Add me to the list of ppl who wait for a release for 160n v2 Embarassed
TheWickedClown
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 18:56    Post subject: Still Missing, A Reliable Updated Firmware Reply with quote
Just Passing Through Seeing If Any Work Has Been Done... Bummer
Peace, M.C.L. Crying or Very sad
crapple
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Add me to the list of people waiting for the DDWRT firmware
EraZor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Add me to the list of people waiting for the DDWRT firmware as well...

Is there a way to compile the stuff in the svn, yet? I can't find any working Makefile that is giving me a .bin (or whatever)
RouterDummy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
It seems like we are all congregated at Stonehenge waiting for a UFO to land. Smile
kyle94481
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Woo keep at it guys!
r0cky
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
WOW, 279 replies and 123402 views, really speaks for how much we really want a working dd-wrt firmware for this (our) router.
Hope the devs, also realize how much we would appreciate it if they would finally release the firmware. Very Happy
apul
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm waiting for DD-wrt aswell. My only question is: will dd-wrt help me extend the range of my linksys v2 just a little bit (with adjusting the tx power?) without damaging the router?

thnx!
Mukist
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Add me to the list of people waiting for the release of a working DD-WRT firmware version for this router as well please.
djhewi1025
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think the best way to show your wanting of the DD-WRT is to donate. Laughing
Chrisbert
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
djhewi1025 wrote:
I think the best way to show your wanting of the DD-WRT is to donate. Laughing

Right now, if I had the money, I wouldn't send a donation, I'd buy a router that has existing DD-WRT support, like I was trying to do when I bought my present router.

Even at that, I'm not sure at this point I'd want to donate right now. A wrt160nv2 was donated months ago, and as of this last week, they weren't even sure that someone had donated a unit. Brainslayer keeps saying that the hangup is the lack of a driver for the ethernet switch. I've posted links to the documentation for the chip that should have let them write a driver. Later, someone else POSTED THE SOURCE for a driver, which I'm not even sure they've attempted to integrate, and even then, someone had to keep reopening the ticket until Brainslayer finally noticed the source code attached.

Sasha has responded a couple times here, but obviously hasn't look at any replies to his posts, nor has he replied to any of those replies. They don't respond to direct messages, either.

Maybe when they can be bothered to acknowledge that they do have the donated router, and can be bothered to read and post in the official support thread for the wrt160nv2 (especially with people bending over backwards trying to help them get this done), *THEN* I'll consider donating. But not as long as we're being ignored, and not as long as wrt160nv2 support is treated like the redheaded stepchild that nobody gives a shit about.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 45, 46, 47  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 19 of 47
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: