Linksys WRT160N v2 - supported in future?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
dddfg4
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 15:17    Post subject: Re: One on the way Reply with quote
joshrivers wrote:
I have sent one of my WRT160N V2s off to the developers. Fedex Tracking number 854685730503.

The router cost $75, and I'm paying $125 to ship it (wow, overseas with a tracking number is expensive!). I'm happy to donate the whole thing as a contribution to dd-wrt which has given me tons and tons of value, but if you'd like to chip in (and share the contribution love), PM me and I'll give you my paypal address.

I wanted to thank you for shipping one of these guys one of those routers. i'm not a dd-wrt developer but someone hoping to get a firmware for one, just wanted to thank you for the effort to help everyone out it is appreciated. hope others will fall in your footsteps they are likely to need more than 1.
Sponsor
urs1ne
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just got one of these routers last night to replace my aging WRT54G and so far I love it but no DD WRT?!?!?!?!?! Rolling Eyes

I just wanted to thank everyone working towards making this happen and wanted to offer whatever I can to help.
augurseer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am also a happy user of DD-WRT. I literally jsut bought a brand new 160N last week for the purpose of DD-WRT use. How funny to find it isn't "YET" supported.

I have to say, i am amazed at the support, community, and general quality of the product and resources that come out of DD-WRT. For a user to send a Router, to ship it overseas, is a dedication i must thnak. You sir might have just opened up this router for our collective use.

Thank You.

I also want to note a general thanks to all of the programmers and coders, and testers, for making this whole DD-WRT endeavor, possible.
Chrisbert
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sweet, it looks like it's going to get delivered today! Can't wait to hear what they find out when they crack it open! Smile
plagnioj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:49    Post subject: Re: Linksys WRT160N v2 - supported in future? Reply with quote
If you need help on this SoC (RT2880)

I've already work on it

Best Regards,
J.
Chrisbert
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
According to FedEx, the wrt160n v2 has been delivered. Smile
ddwrtliukuohao
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

Just wondering whether Ralink RT2860 chip based
wireless router can be supported by dd-wrt firmware,
(I was hoping this will happen, since Ralink
RT2880
chip can be supported in the future
after reading the thread from Brian S.)

Please read my post:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=45952&highlight=

Any feedback will be grateful.

Thanks.
Smile
Badams
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just out of curiosity, what is the average time to develop firmware once the router has been recieved?

Im getting anxious to finally be able to try dd-wrt (my last router was a wrt54gp2 locked to vonage, which was not supported either). Hoping that this wrt160N v2 will work so i can finally give it a try Smile
drewlo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:33    Post subject: Can't wait.. Reply with quote
I can't wait until we get this working. I have had the router now for a while and have been eagerly awaiting this release. Thanks very much to the fellow who donated the hardware to make this possible. I am REALLY appreciative as a lot of other folks are also.

Thanks again..
drewlo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Badams wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what is the average time to develop firmware once the router has been recieved?

I am curious about this also..
hruzek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello all, I'm new to this. I got the WRT160N today and I found this site. I am trying to bridge this unit to another that is connected to the internet. I want to use the WRT160N to connect my AV reciever to the net. Will the DD-WRT firmware allow me to bridge this unit and my other together?

All help is greately appreciated.
mlehmann
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey all

I have several ethernet only devices which I want to connect to a single wireless router. To this end I just bought two WRT160N V2 routers because I was led to beleive that they NATIVELY supported running in client mode (as opposed to client bridge mode which I dont need. - I dont need the 2nd one to act as an access point)

It seems now they don't. - can anyone ple confirm or deny that this router does or doesnt work in client mode, and if so, how.

From what I'm reading here, there us no dd-wrt firmware for the V2 model. Is there an ETA on when / if this will be out

Thanks
keenan1231
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes, i would be interested in this firmware too since i have a wrt160nv2, any ideas when it will be available/complete?
riahc3
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
How is work on this router? Im thinking about buying it but if it aint supported not too sure about it...
smuper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
According to FedEx, the wrt160n v2 has been delivered.

Thank you very much! I am looking forward using DD-WRT the first time!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 45, 46, 47  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 47
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: