Linksys WRT160N v2 - supported in future?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
barrrrt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh my god.. i also bought a v2 router... v1 and v3 is supported but not v2?? ARGH!!!...

I hope any developer will be able to help us ... soon Very Happy
Sponsor
Aditza
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
barrrrt wrote:
Oh my god.. i also bought a v2 router... v1 and v3 is supported but not v2?? ARGH!!!...

I hope any developer will be able to help us ... soon Very Happy

if you just bought it, return it to the store for a full refund ASAP.

in most of Europe you can return almost anything to the store for a full refund within 7 or 14 days, no questions asked, the one condition being that you have the receipt from when you bought it. Some stores even extend that time frame to 30 days.

http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/consumers/protection_of_consumers/l32014_en.htm
RouterDummy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's incredible there are still ppl waiting and hoping after all these years.
Chrisbert
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
RouterDummy wrote:

Lots of people hoping to be able to make their paperweight useful.
noobhackcat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Chrisbert wrote:
RouterDummy wrote:

Lots of people hoping to be able to make their paperweight useful.

well i have like 20 of these pieces of crap and i wish i could use these things for something. they don't even make good paperweights.
RouterDummy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
FWIW, I've been using FW v2.0.02 Build 008 and the 160Nv2 has been rock solid for me for the past year or two. I really can't complain. I've tried all the other official firmwares and v2.0.02 Build 008 seems to work the best. The router is currently in service on my home network but I don't give it much thought, unless it breaks down. So far it hasn't. Smile
JanezFord
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
RouterDummy wrote:
FWIW, I've been using FW v2.0.02 Build 008 and the 160Nv2 has been rock solid for me for the past year or two. I really can't complain. I've tried all the other official firmwares and v2.0.02 Build 008 seems to work the best. The router is currently in service on my home network but I don't give it much thought, unless it breaks down. So far it hasn't. Smile

It's not about stability for me... it's about the features dd-wrt brings to this router. I also hope v2 is going to be supported in the future.
Aditza
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aditza wrote:

if you just bought it, return it to the store for a full refund ASAP.

in most of Europe you can return almost anything to the store for a full refund within 7 or 14 days, no questions asked, the one condition being that you have the receipt from when you bought it. Some stores even extend that time frame to 30 days.

http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/consumers/protection_of_consumers/l32014_en.htm

seems that the mandatory minimum return period for online purchases in Europe will be 14 days:

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/en/pressroom/content/20110622IPR22326/html/Consumer-Rights-Parliament-approves-new-EU-wide-rules-for-on-line-shopping

Consumer Rights: Parliament approves new EU-wide rules for on-line shopping

An EU-wide right for consumers to change their minds about an on-line purchase within two weeks of receiving the good, and new requirements that on-line traders must give buyers precise information on the total price, the goods ordered and the trader's contact details, are among the benefits of new rules approved by the European Parliament today.

[...]
After today's final vote in Parliament, the last, formal approval by the Council of Ministers is expected to take place in July. Member States will have a maximum of two years to implement the new rules.

Procedure: Co-decision, 1st reading
Vote: 23.06.2011
twostars
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
So.. the problem is the ethernet ports, right?

Would I be able to run it as a simple wireless repeater?
Aditza
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
twostars wrote:
So.. the problem is the ethernet ports, right?

Would I be able to run it as a simple wireless repeater?

not with dd-wrt firmware because there ISN'T ANY dd-wrt firmware currently available for wrt160n V2

if you try and force a v1/v3/L firmware on v2 hardware you WILL brick it.
sdolgy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Only seems fair after lurking for years to make a simple inquiry. I too have this WONDERFUL router (aka POS) and would really enjoy having dd-wrt available for it.

Has anyone tried flashing dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic.bin onto their v2? Will it indeed brick the unit?

Yes, I realize and fully agree that it is less hassle to go buy a router that is supported ... but really ... where is the fun in that challenge?

-- proud owner of a POSv2.
-sd
http://twitter.com/sdolgy
Aditza
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
v1 & v3 = broadcom
v2 = ralink hardware

if you try flashing a firmware for broadcom on ralink hardware it's guaranteed you'll brick it.

router will only be usable as christmas tree ornament after that because of its blinking lights :p
sdolgy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
cool. easy enough.

has anyone here successfully downloaded http://homedownloads.cisco.com/downloads/wrt160nv2_v2.0.02.011_us.tgz and modified it so that we can enable a wireless bridge?

seems funny to me if the code has been published for all components, why the work was never completed.
epek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:18    Post subject: ? Reply with quote
http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/ticket/1039

What does that mean? Is it fixed?
hoochaw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all. I'm a user of WRT160N v2. Hope can use DD-WRT on my WRT160Nv2 soon...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 45 of 47
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: