Repeater Bridge to a Bridge on E2500's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
nomnom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 18:16    Post subject: Repeater Bridge to a Bridge on E2500's Reply with quote
Hey guys,

thanks to this board, I successfully flashed one of my two E2500's with dd-wrt and turned it into a repeater bridge. Hard-lining was improbable for me, so I needed a wireless solution. My dd-wrt router acts as a repeater bridge and passes internet to my home theater, while also providing wifi to nearby devices, when needed (an ipad here, a laptop or iphone there).

My question is this: As I understand it, when in repeater bridge mode, the router's wifi bandwidth is split between the bridge and whatever devices that are connected to it. Would I be improving performance to the ethernet ports (xbox and ps3 are connected via ethernet) if I allowed the E2500 use wifi ONLY for the bridge? I'm trying to improve the internet speed to the ps3 and xbox, and connecting via wifi to the bridge hasn't been all that necessary as of late.

If so, is it as simple as going into the settings and changing the wireless physical interface to client bridge and removing the virtual interface that broadcasts the wifi via it's own SSID?

Sorry if I sound dumb. I'm a novice, but eager.
Sponsor
nomnom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Little help? I switched my dd-wrt E2500 to client bridge mode and removed the virtual interface (that was broadcasting wifi in that part of the house), but I haven't noticed faster speeds when running a broadband test. Still, I'm hoping that perhaps streaming netflix or hulu via the ps3/xbox may be faster and more stable.

I'd prefer to get a pro's opinion on the matter. Thanks guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: