WRT54GS v1.1 brick after 30-30-30 reset??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
ThaCrip
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
i think a thread i made recently is of importance to this topic (which is also referenced from the Peacock sticky thread)...

http://goo.gl/34uBf

the link above is in relation to a Linksys WRT54GS v1.1 on modifying your own CFE file and then how to flash it to the router. it assumes your router is still in good running order though. so in other words... this will only help people who's WRT54GS v1.1 routers are still in good running order and who want to do the CFE modification to help prevent any potential bricks that a hard-reset might cause without the CFE modification.

but basically in that thread i had to use Eko's 12548 build in order for the 'mtd unlock cfe' command etc to work as it would not even work on 15230 VINT (which is one of the current recommended builds) that i had on my router.

so basically... build 12548 from Eko (which was also a recommended firmware build before) is a known working build to get the 'mtd unlock cfe' command to work as confirmed by myself and barryware so that you can flash back your new modified CFE.bin file to the device using the router itself to do it.

Primary Router: Linksys WRT54GS v1.1 /w dd-wrt.v24_mini_generic (r46640 May 13th 2021) ; new Panasonic capacitors Feb 11th 2020 | Backup Router: Linksys WRT54GS v6 /w dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic (r46640 May 13th 2021)
Sponsor
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: