How to get UPNP working on DD-WRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
MountainX
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did a test last night that seems critical. I installed a control point on a Linux box that is connected via wired ethernet to my LAN. The control point is software named upnp-inspector. That gives me a control point that doesn't use WiFi.

Now the DLNA server, control point and renderer are all connected via wired ethernet. Using this control point to "play to" the Onkyo TX-NR509 renderer still gives the error Transport is locked (code: 705).

However, I can use that linux-based control point to "play to" an Android renderer running DLNA software (even when going through WiFi).

Here's what I know:

1. My Linux-based minidlna server works with the Onkyo TX-NR509 renderer directly (both are wired to my LAN via the Linksys DD-WRT router).

2. My Linux-based minidlna server works with all the Android renderers I have tested. The Android phone is connected to my LAN via the Linksys DD-WRT router using 2.4GHz WiFi.

3. My Linux-based upnp-inspector DLNA control point will "play to" the Android phone.

4. The Android "remote control" app for the Onkyo TX-NR509 works, including all DLNA functionality (such as browsing server and playing content).

Based on this, the finger seems to be pointing at the Onkyo TX-NR509. However, I have read on forums that other people with an Onkyo TX-NR509 are able to enjoy using a DLNA control point, so this doesn't make any sense.

BTW, my Onkyo TX-NR509 is updated with the latest firmware.

Here's my question. Based on the tests I've done, can I rule out the DD-WRT router as being related to this issue? If not, what further tests would allow me to definitively rule it out as a source of the problem?
Sponsor
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: