HOWTO: Flashing WHR-G300N

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
freemasonary
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dear all, may I ask if it's possible to flash a whr-g300n with other versions (e.g. vpn & voip)??

Or will it be bricked?
Sponsor
sbonev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:35    Post subject: help Reply with quote
ok, i flashed my whr-g300n with the latest release (29.01) but i can't manage to make it work. i succeeded only once to get internet to the pc via cable but no way of achieving it with the wireless. another strange thing is that when i reboot the router after making the configuration i cannot access the web interface, so i have to reset it and start from the beginning. as i am new to this it might be from the configuration i made, but it happened like 20 times and every time i tried to get the new ip configuration manually and automatically and nothing - the web interface was unreachable. i guess the dhcp is not working properly.
Rikh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello folks. First I tried flashing the router via web-if with the .enc file from january but I ended up with white pages like XioNoX in his thread.

No flushed cache or browser change brought the web-if back to work. Then I took latest tftp firmware from 21/02 and flashed it successfully.

Just wanted to mention that after the hardware reboot the successful flash was BEFORE the first ping responses, during "Destination Host Unreachable" period.

Regarding this, its a pretty easy and safe way to flash this little router.
cmoegele
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
is Your Wlan working correct ?
After flashing latest image from 21.02.09 via tftp I can activate Wlan and Laptop or other devices can connect, but I cannot telnet or log to admin page, or ping the router via Wlan!? With lan everything is ok.
On Status page TX and RX show verything ok, also router like wrt54ugs or WL500W can see it, but no connect.
DO you have any idea?

Best regards

cm
Rikh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, Web administration is fully functionable and ping responds. Have you set to standard settings before and after flashing?
cmoegele
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thx for advice,

I reflashed two times with web-image from 21.02.09, first flash with my settings (no success) and second flash with reset to standard settings. And then everything worked fine Wink
Pretty cool device on this price level :)

thx to all for such a great job you´ve done!!!

br

cmoegele
azphil
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm new to dd-wrt, but I bought this router the other day and thought I'd give it a shot. Thought I'd share my experiences so far.

Installation
The instructions I found are pretty short and sweet, so I had to make a lot of guesses. Guess you guys do this in your sleep, so it's a bit hard for newbies like me to follow.

I tftp'd the firmware.tftp file to the router on boot up. Got that to work after a few tries.

I then used the web interface (took me a while to figure out that's what everyone means by "web-if"). I used the Feb 28 bin file. That worked well.

Problems
For the most part the setup was straight forward. Where I'm running into problems is with the DHCP on the wireless side. The LAN side works fine.

I had changed my network to 192.168.0.x since I didn't want to go through the hassle of changing all my network devices with hard coded IPs (ex. printer).

My other LAN connected devices get a 192.168.0.x address with no problems, but the Wireless devices keep getting a 192.168.1.x address. I have no idea why.

I'll keep fiddling with it, but I think I might need to change everything to 192.168.1.x to get it to work.
azphil
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I reset my IP address range back to the default 192.168.1.x, and my wireless works now. Not sure if that's a DHCP glitch, or if I just can't find the place to change the DHCP for the Wireless devices.

Aside from that, all seems to be working well. Never got so much bandwidth out of my wireless connected devices.

Very cool. Thanks!!! Smile
xeyo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I bought WHR-G300N yesterday and after short flash procedure, everything is working well.

THANK YOU Very Happy
dg9ekc
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi

i have bought the WHR-G300N at 26.02.2009 and now its running with WLI-UC-G300N USB Adapter.

thx

Rikh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
The device's original firmware lets broadcast different SSIDs with different security modes (f.e. One WPA and one WEP). Is this made possible via virtual interfaces section on dd-wrt?

I tried to set it up but didnt managed to make it work. Any suggestions on how to protect my LAN with WPA while logging on the consoles with WEP?
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
if its possible in the orig fw then ddwrt can handle it too
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 0:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any updates for this thread?

I am trying to updat the WHR-G300N.

should I be using the files here?:
downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/170109/WHR-G300N/

I have two questions about that:
#1 There are 3 files (the first 2 mentioned in the flash wiki, but the last one says WHR-G300N-webflash.bin ... should I use this file or the other 2)

#2 Are these still testing? I don't want to brick my router.. maybe I should just use stock firmware until there are some updates or SP2 comes out... so any idea when that will happen?

Thank you,

Leo
xeyo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
-> http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/WHR-G300N

My steps:

Download http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/tornado/Windows-TFTP/tftp2.exe

Download http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/030309/WHR-G300N/firmware.tftp and upload this firmware with tftp2 to WHR-G300N.

or:

Download http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/030309/WHR-G300N/WHR-G300N-webflash.bin - upload this with webgui to WHR-G300N.

//edit 08.03.2009: + or

Last edited by xeyo on Sun Mar 08, 2009 18:38; edited 1 time in total
lenchik55
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 14:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
What is the purpose of the last webgui step? The wiki says you can either tftp OR web flash, and I successfully installed DD-WRT just using tftp2 & firmware.tftp .. I used an older version from 280209
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 12
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: