D-Link DIR-878 A1 Keeps Rebooting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
MESTORM
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 18:09    Post subject: D-Link DIR-878 A1 Keeps Rebooting Reply with quote
Hi, I'm having an issue with the latest DD-WRT Build (r33257) where whenever I apply any setting to the router. It will usually, but not always, immediately shutdown and then start rebooting. There is no prompt from the web ui that says that the router is going to begin rebooting so I'm assuming that the router is crashing and then rebooting due to the error. Is there a way I can access a log to find out why this may be happening? An example of one of the times it happened was I changed the timezone on the NTP client and then applied the setting and immediately the router became unacceptable and then I had to wait for it to finish booting up again before I could reload the UI. Thanks in advanced.
Sponsor
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think I encountered similar problems even with the current 11-16-2017-r33772 build.
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Correction.
Turns out when some changes are made, such as wireless channel, dd-wrt displays the "Processing, Please wait" pop-up window for a few seconds then disappears. In reality, the wireless radio takes about a minute to restart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: