DD-WRT Support for the Dynex DX-NRUTER Router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
ShaTR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Solved it. Managed to load it on using a different computer. Maybe the 2 NIC in my lanparty board was throwing it off, i dunno. Although it never gave me trouble recovering my linksys.... weird. Anyways, thx for the help. Much appreciated Smile
Sponsor
zaperbaby
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I picked this router up for 19.99 and
got mine on the first try been working grate for 19hrs
now lol never even tried stock firmware

here's what I did

1 reset router to defaults

2 powered up router normally with cable connected to port 1 and waited for windows to get an ip address
also I did not have any thing connected to the wan port not sure this would make a diffrence though

3 run tftp2 used 192.168.2.1 password blank
used dd-wrt.v24-13577_NEWD-2_std-nokaid.bin
once I had everything filled in I then

4 pulled power on the router and plugged it back
in and waited 1-2 sec to click upgrade on the tftp2 window and it flashed in less then 30sec and said it was successful I then waited about 3 min just to be sure it flashed think I had to power the router down and back up
again for it to work

don't no if this will help you any
but worked good for me
and so far its been working good
all 4 ports are working on my router as well
copied 5gb of data over wireless from desktop to my laptop and haven't seen any wireless drop outs yet

I wonder it your router may be a different hardware revision as mine was so easy to flash

anyway good luck

edit: oh guess you got it working that's good to hear maybe this info will help next person flash there router

ShaTR wrote:
I'm indeed doing it while powercycling the router, and i'm using the build eko posted above on this page. Just doesn't seem to want to catch. Manually set the IP as well, of course.
ShaTR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
zaperbaby wrote:
I picked this router up for 19.99 ....

hehe, me 2. RFD
bis96gw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
ShaTR wrote:
zaperbaby wrote:
I picked this router up for 19.99 ....

hehe, me 2. RFD

I started the thread Mr. Green
ShaTR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOL i actually laughed out loud hahah. ok, back on topic before the admins temp bann us all lol.
coolspot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Will all NEWD2 builds work on this router, or only the builds in this thread?

Thanks.
ShaTR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
coolspot wrote:

Thanks.

+1. Am i free to install any DD-WRT build now, or does it have to be a trailed build?
ShaTR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
ShaTR wrote:
coolspot wrote:

Thanks.

+1. Am i free to install any DD-WRT build now, or does it have to be a trailed build?

Bump. Would we be able to flash a newer build of our choice, or does it have to be a custom fw for this router?
akcam2006
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:26    Post subject: Working Great! Reply with quote
Eko, it has been 5 months now and the router has been working flawlessly. Thanks again for all the help. With any luck I will be able to get my second project back on track soon and have two routers up and running with DD-WRT. Thanks again...
ShaTR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
FYI I PM'd Eko. This was his response with regards to upgrading fw on this router.

Eko wrote:
ShaTR wrote:
Can i load newer fw on the dynex dx-nruter after initial flash of custom fw. or do i have to stick with the custom?

Original Thread
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=46016&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120

Hi,
you can freely upgrade.

Br,
Eko
norivaldo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
I really need to post my sincere thanks to everyone here involved in developing this custom version of DD-WRT for this Dynex router.
I've got mine from a friend who was ready to trow it in the trash bin...
After messing around with it I realized the router was indeed unstable and had a poor wireless performance.
After asking my friend Google for a possbile solution I found this thread and I couldn't believe it was possible to flash it w/ DD-WRT!!!!! Very Happy
Flashing the router was a breeze and everything looks fine.
Wireless signal is strong and stable. No more speed variations or dropped signal.
I'm really impressed w/ all the features offered by DD-WRT and it's really a fine piece of work.
I'm literally jumping for joy and 100% happy!
DD-WRT Rocks!
BIG Thanks to:
akcam2006,Eko,Sash,Mordak,barryware,Tornado,borice,
zaperbaby and everyone else who helped to make it possible.
Great work guys and all my sincere respect for all work,time spent and efforts. Very Happy
st.tierney
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:23    Post subject: help soft brick Reply with quote
HElp lol total noob here was in the process of flashing and lost power to house now got power light blinking and wont give an ip adress for the router to reflash. still works as a switch but thats it not internet light or wireless any help would be great. i can try to get you any info u request
ixobelle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
just wanted to chime in to say I got this working flawlessly as well after reading over the thread.

Basically, downloaded "dd-wrt.v24-13577_NEWD-2_std-nokaid.bin" and googled "tftp2.exe".

hooked up my garbage toshiba laptop to a LAN port, grabbed a DHCP addy (reseting router to factory by holding down reset for 10 sec or so), and tried initially to flash, which (predicatably) failed.

Once everythign was all set, and my laptop had a lease, reset the router again (again, holding reset). as soon as all the LAN lights went solid (indicating a reset), I pushed the file again via TFTP2 (still had it open already), and it went right thru.

It actually went so quick I assumed it failed, but it's golden. hooray. this thread rules.
kgrodrigues
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 19:26    Post subject: updating to latest firmware Reply with quote
Hi,
I got one of these routers. I successfully upgraded it using the custom dd-wrt.v24-13577_NEWD-2_std-nokaid.bin posted earlier in this discussion topic.

I then tried the latest version of dd-wrt.v24_nokaid_generic.bin from here
others › eko › BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2 › 2013 › 04-11-2013-r21223 > broadcom

the router starts up without any issues, except for the Radio is turned off. I tried a few earlier firmware going back to 2011, but I have the same issue.
Is there anyway to enable the radio, so this router can work with the new firmwares? should I be using a different firmware?

let me know what i can provide to troubleshoot this.
kgrodrigues
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:50    Post subject: help recovering router Reply with quote
I managed to brick my router. I decided to try out the new K26 version (http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=80420), since the router reported a corerev of 16.

i was able to tftp the new firmware, and reboot the router, and it kinda worked, but after I power cycled it, it doesnt come up.

It seems to respond to tftp when it boots, and seems to accept a new firmware, but after the firmware is transferred, and the power light stops blinking it does nothing.

I was thinking i could go back to the original Dynex firmware, but thats not available available.

Any ideas was I can do?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 10 of 11
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: