plaese help w/flashing buffalo whrg54s!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
cfeedback
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
TinkerJ wrote:
When I initially wrote the Wiki, I did not specify the use of the ping command. This was added later. Let's say you have a PC plugged into port one of the router. When you first plug in the router, all the port lights on the back light up. After 2 seconds or so, only the port that you are connected to is lit. At this point (immediately after the other lights go out) execute the Wndows tftp utility with the generic firmware.

Works first try for me.

Have to comment that this technique worked for me with no problems the first time I tried it. I got tired of my Linksys BEFW11S4 crapping out on me all the time when using p2p programs, so I decided to upgrade it and stumbled across dd-wrt all in the same day. My new Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 appears to be working perfectly with v23SP1.

Thanks for the great instructions and for the great firmware!
Sponsor
holeymoley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 0:07    Post subject: Im having trouble with both methods, please help Reply with quote
Sorry for digging up this old thread, but I have tried both the methods listed here and no joy. I am a complete noob at this but I followed the instructions to a T and this isnt working. I need professional help

I set the IP to a static address (192.168.11.2or3). reset the router (the switch on the side is set to auto) for 30 sec and power off. Run the utility -press Update(set for40 cycles) and then plug the router back in.

I cant get past this. The utility just keeps trying and periodically a box pops up saying "Erasing flash...this may take a while" Meanwhile the green light on the router that says "g" stays on and the red lights go out. If I try to click a link in Firefox, I get a box that pops up and asks for user/pass. I type root/admin and the box pops up again empty and does this over and over.

Does anyone know whats going on? Help is much appreciated.
Question
GeeTek
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 0:24    Post subject: Re: Im having trouble with both methods, please help Reply with quote
holeymoley wrote:
I set the IP to a static address (192.168.11.2or3). Question

Is that the computer NIC that you set ? Also in the tftp utility, the server address is the address of the buffalo = 192.168.11.1
If still no luck, connect a switch or hub between the computer and router.

http://69.175.13.131:8015 Streaming Week-End Disco. Station Ripper V 1.1 will do.
holeymoley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 0:45    Post subject: UNBELIEVABLE Reply with quote
Laughing
Right after I posted that, I was planning to quit and I tried again. I let the utility run for about 30 tries, then plugged in the router and it worked 9 tries later.
Wow, now I guess I see what everyone was talking about with the timing, but I had tried plugging in after the Update was running and it didn't work before. Maybe the stars have to be aligned just so?

So, now I've updated and I can connect with my laptop. But my desktop (which is connected directly through Port 1 in the router) has no connection. Surprised

So, back to work on the new problem
GeeTek
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 0:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Put the desktop network adaptor back to "Obtain an address automatically" (DHCP) and it will magically start working again ! Very Happy
http://69.175.13.131:8015 Streaming Week-End Disco. Station Ripper V 1.1 will do.
holeymoley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Embarassed
Yep, that did it. Told you I was new at this
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: