Force 10 mbit full duplex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
DummyPLUG
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
camjo wrote:
When I have the 10 Mbit service my ISP only offer 10 HD or 10 FD not 'auto-negotiation'. And because I want to use full duplex I need to force my end to FD. This worked fine when I was using my Linux and *BSD routers, but not with the WRT...

With the 100 Mbit serivce they offer HD, FD and 'auto-negotiation'...

I suggest you do more testing before force it to be HD, as if the wrt don't detect it as a FD, it may be the network really can work in HD for it, or the ISP side expect you to be HD only. Although you can force it into HD, but if the ISP side expect to be HD, you will just end up with many transmit error.
Sponsor
Samatros
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 19:12    Post subject: The problem resurfaces. Reply with quote
Router: WHR-G125
Version: Buffalo standard version 23.

I'm also having the FD-HD-mixed duplex problems. The switch I'm connected to only uses 10baseT, and I assume it's FD because of all the collision errors (and poor throughput) that I get. My laptop connected directly to the switch, gets a full 10mbit too (if I use FD, HD has the same router behavior).

This is a huge issue for me, because right now, the limiting factor on my bandwidth isn't my wireless or Internet subscription, it's my router.
Samatros
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 0:57    Post subject: Following up. Reply with quote
I emailed Sebastian Gottschall on how to force full duplex. He suggested that I go into /proc/switch/eth0/ and mess around there. I tried echoing "10FD" to ./port/4/media, but no avail. It always swapped back. But anyway,

Extracting firmware
ipkg'ing robocfg
Building firmware and upgrading (generic binary for WHR-G125, works fine for now)

works as advertised =).

robocfg port 4 media 10HD mdi-x on

Seems to do the trick, mdi-x seems to fix many things.

Thanks DD-WRT. Fantastic router, I'm perpetually amazed by how much software improved it.
KillerKarny
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 17:59    Post subject: WRT 610n Voip 24 wan duplex Reply with quote
I am running a 610n with the voip version so I can use milk fish. Works great on old ISP. We have now spent 3 months getting a fiber connection in.

ISP requires that the wan be set to 10mb Fullduplex. It cannot auto negotiate. I have tested with a work station to their equipment with nic set to 10mb full duplex. I get 9mb down 9mb up.

When I set up the 610n ddwrt to it I get 0.4 down and 4 up.

I need to set the want port to 10mb full duplex only. I have read through this thread but do NOT see a clear command line or location on how to set it to run static at 10mbfull duplex. Please can you help>??

I love the ddwrt and we are deploying it at all our customer sites to handle the 5060 voip traffic. I would hate to have this stop us from using it in the case of fibre connections.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: