Need help with networking with wireless device...and traffic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
mattguy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 17:56    Post subject: Need help with networking with wireless device...and traffic Reply with quote
I have a asus router that I have had dd-wrt on forever and it worked fine using it with DSL. I had two SSID's setup on it, and then the wan directly into the DSL modem. But now I have a Clear wifi modem (an iSpot). What I want to do is have the router connect to the iSpot and use that as the WAN, and still pass traffic to devices behind the router (I have a wifi camera that I want to be able to connect to via public IP). So what I have done is setup the DD-wrt router as a repeater that connects to the clear wifi modem, and everything works just fine except for I cannot access the wifi camera from the public IP. The traffic just does not reach it from the outside public IP. Does anyone know what I could do to make this work?

10.10.10.10 (public ip) Clear Wifi Device with private ip of 192.168.1.1 acting as a wifi router. DMZ is setup on the device for forwarding everything to DD-WRT Router
^
192.168.1.10 is the wan ip of the DD-wrt router when it connects to the Clear device (private ip is 192.168.2.1 handing out 2.*** ip's).
^
192.168.2.200:222 is the ip of the wifi camera I'm trying to access from the Public IP of the Clear device

I can reach the wifi camera from on the network via it's direct ip, or using 192.168.1.10:222 . All computers can access the internet from within the network, but cannot connect to them from the public ip. Since the DMZ is setup on the clear device for the DD-wrt router, I CAN access it when I go to my public IP, but can't access anything behind the router.

I hope I made sense, it's hard to type out the network diagram using words.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: