File sharing problem on the same lan

lion74
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:56    Post subject: File sharing problem on the same lan Reply with quote
Hi.
I have two computers connected to the same wireless router (Buffalo whr-hp-g300n with dd-wrt firmware).

I cannot access the shared files on another pc. I cannot even ping it from my other pc. Both PC has Win XP.

However, i have another router (A-link) and with this one it just works fine.

What i do is:
- Type in the address bar of explorer \\192.168.11.38 (the ip address of the computer that shares files)

And it fails. Knowing that it works fine when i use my A-link router but not Buffalo router with dd-wrt, it is clearly not about any setting in the computers, but in the router configuration. Could you please help why file sharing doesn't work? I cannot even ping the other computer. Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
gobbledigook
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 14:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
what version of dd-wrt?

how are you trying to "share" folders? are both the machines in the same workgroup?

you should be able to do \\COMPNAME/IP from the run dialogue and connect?
shamurti
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:12    Post subject: Re: File sharing problem on the same lan Reply with quote
lion74 wrote:
Hi.
I have two computers connected to the same wireless router (Buffalo whr-hp-g300n with dd-wrt firmware).

I cannot access the shared files on another pc. I cannot even ping it from my other pc. Both PC has Win XP.

However, i have another router (A-link) and with this one it just works fine.

What i do is:
- Type in the address bar of explorer \\192.168.11.38 (the ip address of the computer that shares files)

And it fails. Knowing that it works fine when i use my A-link router but not Buffalo router with dd-wrt, it is clearly not about any setting in the computers, but in the router configuration. Could you please help why file sharing doesn't work? I cannot even ping the other computer. Thanks in advance.

Are these PCs able to connect to the Internet? If yes and the only problem is PC to PC, then check the wireless settings in the router and make sure "AP Isolation" is disabled and "Network Configuration" is bridged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: