DIR-300 still restarting itself

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
TomAsh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 22:11    Post subject: DIR-300 still restarting itself Reply with quote
Help me.

After flash to DD-WRT v23 router restart itself after about ~2min. Nothing help. No ping. Can't telnet.

Can U help me?
Sponsor
franco_bez
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
WRONG VERSION - use latest pre-sp2
http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv3/dd-wrt/downloads.html
others - eko - BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2 - 070209 - dir300

use the file linux.bin to flash via redboot

following the guide
http://www.shadowandy.net/2007/09/mini-flashing-guide-for-dir-300.htm
TomAsh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mmm... franco_bez thx for advice... But... HOW? I get no ping! I can't telnet! I can't do nothing!
franco_bez
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
TomAsh wrote:
Mmm... franco_bez thx for advice... But... HOW? I get no ping! I can't telnet! I can't do nothing!

It is a time critical issue.
There is only a small time-window where the router is reachable , only a few seconds.
Keep an eye on the LED of your PC's LAN adapter - when it starts flashing green ...
Additionally you might need to try the cable on the WAN Port or on one of the LAN Ports.
Also you should try to ping 192.168.20.81 or 192.168.1.1 (with the matching Network Settings on your Client PC - read the flashing howto)
Another good idea is to use putty as a telnet client - you might need to hit "Ctrl-C" and most ftp client software don't pass this over the line ...

This has already been discussed several times here on different threads - use google
ayxayx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
franco_bez wrote:
WRONG VERSION - use latest pre-sp2
http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv3/dd-wrt/downloads.html
others - eko - BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2 - 070209 - dir300

@franco is dir300-firmware.bin for webflashing?
crosis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
TomAsh wrote:

TomAsh or Tomasz Wink try this:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=260186#260186
franco_bez
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
ayxayx wrote:
@franco is dir300-firmware.bin for webflashing?

Precisely - this one is for flashing via Web-GUI
TomAsh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thx to crosis. It helps!

But I flash it now for many version of dd-wrt or oryginal firmware and it's still dosn't work.

On oryginal LAN ports don't work.
On dd-wrt still restarting.

What should I do? Maybe change something in config?
crosis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
After flashing to original firmware the only one led lighting was power, lan ports was lighting only during startup procedure. This helped me:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=259956#259956
ppeter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 20:57    Post subject: dir-300 flashing failed Reply with quote
Hi,

I bought my DIR-300 yesterday (hw: A1, factory fw: 1.03), and completed the flashing process with v24 SP1 as described in dir-300_flashing as well as the Mini Flashing Guide.

After the final reset command it rebooted, and keeps continually rebooting since then. Today I repeated the whole procedure, with exactly the same result.

There was only one difference to the instructions:
at the second 'fis init' I didn't get the response '… Erase from 0xbfc30000-0xbffe0000: …………………………………………………..'

only the other '.. Erase..' was in the response.

There is one more suspicious thing about the linux.bin file : there is at least 3 different downloadable linux.bin file (same size though) in the dd-wrt download section, and all these are called DIR-300 v24 SP1. Which is the real one ?

Please, enlighten me.
Thanks in advance,
Peter
ppeter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:39    Post subject: now it works ! Reply with quote
ok guys, here's the moral:

the 'DIR-300 v24 SP1 build 10020' linux.bin file that is currently reachable through the 'hardware database' page (http://www.dd-wrt.com/routerdb/de/download.php?file=451) is seriously BROKEN ! Don't use it !

Instead, get http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/stable/dd-wrt.v24%20SP1/Consumer/Dlink/DIR-300/linux.bin

which works correctly
TomAsh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, I flash it with the newest version of BrinSlyer I found. Now it's don't restart but... I can't logon in to Web-GUI (404). I can't reset the configuration by reset switch on the back side of router. ( I try for 12, 22, 32sec )

And what is important (I think) that only power led is on and connected WAN/LAN port blinks. No wireless or ready or any other (Is there one more ^^) led don't blink.

In my opinion something is wrong in memory or configuration. I try everything. Maybe I again try back to oryginal with a crosis advice.

This DD-WRT only bricked my (second already) DIR-300... I think that they should stop do it on that router. Just read the topics at this forum: bricked DIR300, DIR300 don't respond, DIR300 don't start. Only problems...
Alpine
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 17:34    Post subject: DIR-300 RESTARTING !!! Reply with quote
Hi, sorry but i really need your help. I tried everything that i found on the net, but nothing helped me. So i flashed DD-WRT on my DIR-300, but now it is restarting, and i can't get into redboot. Tried every single script on the net, nothing help me. If someone can give an idea, i would be pleased.

I just found that the reset button is doing nothing when pressed. Also it is restarting, no matter if it is plugged to the pc, or internet or not.

Ok. So i managed to get to redboot i think.
It gaves me:
DD-WRT login:

and at this point the router restarts, and i can't do nothing. Other think that i noticed is that, there is a cycle, at first restart it lights power and lan diodes, at second the wifi diode also lights up, next wifi doesn't ligth, next - lights, and so on. When wifi lights, it get me into redboot, when not there is no ping.

I forgot to tell that i get ping to 192.168.1.1, and the cable connected to LAN.

Thanks.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
TomAsh wrote:
Just read the topics at this forum: bricked DIR300, DIR300 don't respond, DIR300 don't start. Only problems...

sorry but that are al userrelated problems...they have nothing to do with the software.
i flashed 20 new units with the instruction and recover about 5-10 also and never had any problem!

is will add the instruction here
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/DIR300#Flashing_instruction

hopefull that also noobs will understand it

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 18:21    Post subject: Re: DIR-300 RESTARTING !!! Reply with quote
Alpine wrote:
Hi, sorry but i really need your help. I tried everything that i found on the net, but nothing helped me. So i flashed DD-WRT on my DIR-300, but now it is restarting, and i can't get into redboot. Tried every single script on the net, nothing help me. If someone can give an idea, i would be pleased.

I just found that the reset button is doing nothing when pressed. Also it is restarting, no matter if it is plugged to the pc, or internet or not.

Ok. So i managed to get to redboot i think.
It gaves me:
DD-WRT login:

Thanks.

I have this problem too,do you resolve it? Sorry for my english Sad
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: