IP filter in a WRT54GL router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
juan.pena
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:24    Post subject: IP filter in a WRT54GL router Reply with quote
Hi all,
I have a problem while trying to filter IPs. I will explain what I want to do, starting with my network architecture:
-We have the Linksys WRT54G without Internet connection.
-There are connected to it:
·An IP radio (port 1) with very low bandwidth (here is our problem). Everything that comes to this radio is sent to another one.
·An Arduino (port 2) which send regularly UDP packets.
·Another router (port 4). There are a lot of devices connected to this router, but one of them, a GPS, is sending a UDP message that has to arrive to the IP radio.
·And sometimes, a computer (port 3).

The IP radio, the Arduino, the GPS, the computer and all the devices connected to the other radio (the one which is receiving all the data) have the same range of IPs (192.168.1.x). The IP of the router is 192.168.1.1.

Our goal is to limit the information which arrives to the radio: we only want the information from the Arduino, the computer and the GPS connected to the other router.

What I could do? Two separated LAN (one with the radio, Arduino and computer and the other with the router connected to port 4) and a bridge filtered with iptables? Or is possible to manage it with only one LAN? I am really lost about it, any help is very well received!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: