HOWTO: REPEATER MODE in atheros

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
@FlyHigh

Are you seeing the same issue as this user ? His problem seems eerily similar to yours:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=949751#949751
Then it might be something wrong with latest build 26138 and we should definitely report the bug on trac.
I'll go ahead now and try to set up a Client Bridge on my WNDR3800, let's see how it behaves.

Sponsor
FlyHigh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX, I tried to use exactly your parameters, the situation is the same.

The bridge works a few seconds (the time to display 3 or 4 web sites) but suddenly stops...
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
FlyHigh, I've just tested and it seems to be working correctly for me in Client Bridge mode. Please follow my guide EXACTLY as described here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=949750#949750
especially pay attention to the bolded parts ! Don't forget to reboot the router when finished. You can access the router in Firefox at address 192.168.1.2. If you can't access it after you hit "Apply" in my guide, then disconnect LAN cable, reconnect it, then try again 192.168.1.2 and go to Administration->Reboot

melvinaury
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I do all the steps to setup wireless bridge, but no luck. Now when I go system information the ap ath0 only connect a few seconds and disconnect every 5 seconds Continously. It has a 22% signal quality when connected.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 23:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
melvinaury wrote:
I do all the steps to setup wireless bridge, but no luck. Now when I go system information the ap ath0 only connect a few seconds and disconnect every 5 seconds Continously. It has a 22% signal quality when connected.

I noticed that after hitting "Apply" it's important to disconnect the LAN cable through which I am connecting my laptop to the router. I wait a bit, then reconnect the cable, access 192.168.1.2 and go to Administration->Reboot. I wait for the reboot and then everything connects correctly, my laptop gets an IP 192.168.1.101 from the Host AP and all works well as Client Bridge.
Did you do these final steps (the lan cable disconnect, reconnect and then access @ 192.168.1.2 and reboot) ?

Can you check your RX errors ? I get less than 1% RX errors on the Client Bridge.

Another question: What channels is the Main router broadcasting on ? You can check with Acrylic Wi-Fi Free. Don't use InSSIDer, it's not good.
Set the Main router to broadcast on 11+7 and try again to connect your Client Bridge to it.

melvinaury
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well it's in channel 8 and it's very difficult to change it. It's from a neighbor wifi you know what I mean.

The error are at about 10%. I will change the router for a new one and try again. I use other router of the same and connect, but loose internet. In the other it connects and disconnect.

I replay when exchange the router today.

Also what I want is to congigure as client to appart from my neighbor wifi. You know what I mean.

Thanks
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, try one more thing: set Channel Width to "Full (20 MHz)" instead of "Wide HT40".
melvinaury
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, I just exchange the router. As this is a Repeater from factory I setup the factory software and everything is working OK. Tomorrow I will install DDWRT and try to configure again as client. The factory software of the TL-WA730RE don't let you assign a new SSID to the network. The connection are just and extension and my Laptop could be see on the neighbor LAN.

I post results tomorrow.

Thanks
FlyHigh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
FlyHigh, I've just tested and it seems to be working correctly for me in Client Bridge mode.

The chips are different, may be it's the reason...
melvinaury
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
No luck same problem, it connect and had internet only for a few seconds and then the internet is gone. The connection indicate that I had internet. But that's not true.

If I disconnect and connect again happen the same.

I know it had to be some setting, on default software the repeater work properly.

I test using 12-22-14 build that I use for several months, and had the same problem.

Then I test using 2-4-15 and no luck same problem.
Rolling Eyes

On the system information tab, The ath0 had a lot of errors.

I attached a file with all the settings.

It's the same setting used for the 12-22-14 build and 2-4-15 build.

Last edited by melvinaury on Mon Feb 16, 2015 13:49; edited 1 time in total
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 13:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I also see loss of internet on WNDR3800 on r26138, with Client Bridge mode. The client-side WiFi remains connected to the Host AP, but after an hour or so the internet stops working...
FlyHigh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
I also see loss of internet on WNDR3800 on r26138, with Client Bridge mode. The client-side WiFi remains connected to the Host AP, but after an hour or so the internet stops working...

For my WR1043ND, just a few seconds is sufficient...
melvinaury
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finally I had the router working in Client Bridge, it's the same configuration that I post on a previous post. The only change are on the security tab, under block WAN request I unchecked filter multicast then save and enable SP1 firewall save. Under wireless physical interface I change the DHCP to manual and use 192.168.1.1 save. Then restart the router. This work for me, but I still want to configure as client to be able to assign the IP address (192.168.2.???) and be invisible to the network that I connect.

I try changing to client and enable DHCP, but don't work. I can connect to the network and my computers and phones connect to my network with IP address that I assign on the range of 192.168.2.???

Any suggestions.

Now if I run a IP scanner I can see all the network computers from my neighbor. Does they can see my computers also?
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
melvinaury wrote:
I try changing to client and enable DHCP, but don't work. I can connect to the network and my computers and phones connect to my network with IP address that I assign on the range of 192.168.2.???

Any suggestions.

Now if I run a IP scanner I can see all the network computers from my neighbor. Does they can see my computers also?

For regular Client mode you also have to set "Gateway" instead of "Router" in Setup -> Advanced routing tab. "Router" mode makes sense only for Client Bridge.

melvinaury
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, I will try that to see if finally I can setup the client mode with the difference IP range for my network.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 9 of 15
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: