WRT150N with DD-WRT v24 sp2 slow wired through switch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
stuthemonkey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 15:29    Post subject: WRT150N with DD-WRT v24 sp2 slow wired through switch Reply with quote
For the most part I use wireless, and have never noticed a problem with my network. However I've now noticed a wire speed issue, and I'm not sure if its a dd-wrt issue, or if my switch is bad.

As in the subject I have dd-wrt v24 sp2 installed on a WRT150N router. Having a computer wired directly to the router, I get a speed test through speedtest.net of around 11mb down. over wireless its similar.

I then have a netgear switch connected to the router. Iniitially (for maybe a minute or two after the switch is plugged in) i get full 11mb speed test. However within minutes of being plugged in and connected to the router, the switch only gives 1mb speedtest results.

I have tried a restart of the router, and a restart of the switch with nothing plugged into the switch but the computer testing the speed.

Does anyone believe this might be a misconfiguration of the DD-WRT setup? or is it truely that my switch is bad? since it works for about a minute at full speed i'm wondering if initially the router is letting speeds work, but then it starts blocking/lowering throughput.

any thoughts would be a big help.

Thanks
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: