Problems with port fowarding linksys wrt54gv8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
somescarygirl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 21:20    Post subject: Problems with port fowarding linksys wrt54gv8 Reply with quote
I'm using firmware dd-wrt v24 micro and used the port forwarding tutorial from portforward.com. I'm a n00b with this kind of stuff so any help would be great.

There are 3 computers that connect using the wireless, but mine is the only one on a wired connection since I'm the only one doing any torrenting. I've tried forwarding single port 10009 and a range from 10009-10015 with no luck on either.

I also made exceptions for the ports with windows firewall on top of giving it an exception for utorrent. I feel like I've set it all up correctly but when I do a test it isn't. Pleeease help!

I've attached some screen shots of what I've set up so far since I don't even know how to put the images into this post -.-;;

5.jpg
 Description:
IP filter settings
 Filesize:  61.19 KB
 Viewed:  4808 Time(s)

5.jpg

2.jpg
 Description:
Port forwarding setup
 Filesize:  91.4 KB

2.jpg

1.jpg
 Description:
Static IP setup
 Filesize:  121.91 KB

1.jpg

Sponsor
Donny
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't comment on whether you have your port forwarding set properly, but try setting your computer to auto IP and auto dns. See if that helps.

I am sure someone will be along sometime soon to look at the port forwarding setup. Wink

Peacock Thread Sticky- Just read it! (Anyone using SP1 will be taken out back and shot)
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
soulstace
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
your router's WAN IP is 192.168.0.2. It is not possible to reach this address from the internet. Therefore port forwarding will not work.

You need to do one of two things.

a) also set up port forwarding on primary router
b) switch the primary router/modem into bridge mode so that this router gets the public WAN IP
somescarygirl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
How would I do either of those? Sorry I'm an art student turned techie lol
Donny
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
You will have to provide details about what you are trying to do, and what the setup is from the internet to your computer. Perhaps all you need to do is upgrade to a newer build and upnp will handle what you need.

You might want to check out the peacock thread for some basics on linked routers, but it doesn't deal with port forwarding issues. For that, you likely need to take a look at the WIKI.

Peacock Thread Sticky- Just read it! (Anyone using SP1 will be taken out back and shot)
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
soulstace
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
login to your primary router and setup port forwarding. Forward those same ports to the WAN IP address of the secondary router (192.168.0.2).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: