wrt54g2 v1.3 "invalid file" putting VxWorksPrep-G2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
One should get wholeflash backup with JTAG from it.

Anyway, comparing original firmware from v1 and v13, I can see the diff in code signature. Maybe all I need is adjust this and it will work. But I need somebody with serial console and jtag.

Or I need this router.....
Sponsor
Code3VW
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eko wrote:

Anyway, comparing original firmware from v1 and v13, I can see the diff in code signature. Maybe all I need is adjust this and it will work. But I need somebody with serial console and jtag.

They are available at best buy if you would like to pick one up! :)

I've got one as well, from best buy. Anybody in the AZ area that can solder on the serial port and log the JTAG?
Code3VW
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
no updates on this?? I really want DD-WRT again!
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eko needs a wholeflash & serial output (or the router).

Take one for the team.. Jtag the wholeflash and capture the serial output and send it to eko.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Code3VW wrote:
Eko wrote:

I've got one as well, from best buy. Anybody in the AZ area that can solder on the serial port and log the JTAG?
Soldering is not hard we can help you if needed.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=221369#221369
Superdos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone made any improvements on this in the last 20 days? I recently got one of these thinking it was the regular v1.0 version, but it was the v1.3... that will teach me to throw out the box. D:
Gollum
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm in the same boat it seems. Best buy is selling V1.3 now. I'm setting up this unit with DDWRT for a friend so it looks like he'll have to return it until we find a unit compatible. Hopefully they have one of the older style WRT54G models, I'm not a fan of this pancake look.

I felt like an idiot, thinking the problem must be my TFTP timing and spent quite a few hours trying various things to no avail.
deklove
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:39    Post subject: Best Buy having a v1 router Reply with quote
This may or may not be a good thing to admit but i am a Best Buy Employee for the Computer Department in Brentwood California. I can tell you that you will not find a v1 anywhere in our stores. Those units went EOL (end of life) and any stores were required to return any remaining units to the distribution centers to be returned to Linksys for credit.
streb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shawn360 wrote:
Code3VW wrote:
Eko wrote:

Soldering is not hard we can help you if needed.

Here are pictures of the board. Sorry about the poor image quality, but it's the best I can do right now. What is/are the right place(s) to solder? Also, several people have recommended different types of serial/parallel boards (for reading the JTag data) on eBay that may not match what seems to be needed, so it would be helpful to know precisely what equipment is needed to do this.

Thanks

[edited to delete the gigantous attachments. The connector goes in the same exact place along the edge of the board as on the v1.0.]

Last edited by streb on Fri May 29, 2009 20:07; edited 1 time in total
Shawn360
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
The jtag port looks the same as the v1 see link.
streb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shawn360 wrote:

OK. I'll have to find those connectors somewhere, I guess.

What is it that I will need to connect to the connectors once they are soldered on?
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 0:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
streb wrote:
Shawn360 wrote:

OK. I'll have to find those connectors somewhere, I guess.

What is it that I will need to connect to the connectors once they are soldered on?

@streb..

I am not indicating you are not capable in any way of doing the work, purchasing the material needed, etc.. to provide eko what he needs. You'll need a jtag cable, a ttl to serial adaptor, and headers for the PCB.

However, I am offering my services. If you send me your router, I will do what is necessary to provide eko the data he needs. I will pay for shipping back to you (my contribution to the project + the labor).

Here in public I say: If I f$ck up your router, I will purchase a new one for you.

I am outside of chicago. USPS is 1/2 UPS costs.

FYI... There are several members that have the equipment to do this. I however, am bored.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
@streb:

Barryware does a lot of this. He is good at what he does and that sounds like an no lose deal that is worth considering....unless you would rather f it up your self! Laughing

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
streb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:

@streb..

I am not indicating you are not capable in any way of doing the work, purchasing the material needed, etc.. to provide eko what he needs. You'll need a jtag cable, a ttl to serial adaptor, and headers for the PCB.

However, I am offering my services. If you send me your router, I will do what is necessary to provide eko the data he needs. I will pay for shipping back to you (my contribution to the project + the labor).

Here in public I say: If I f$ck up your router, I will purchase a new one for you.

I am outside of chicago. USPS is 1/2 UPS costs.

FYI... There are several members that have the equipment to do this. I however, am bored.

How can I pass up an offer like that! Smile Seriously, I'm interested in the process and have all of the basic tools and perhaps just enough knowledge, but I certainly don't need another project on my plate. :)

In the interest of expediency, and because I'm willing to contribute as well, can I just paypal you what it would take to purchase a new v1.3 router from Best Buy and save the time of shipping this one back-and-forth? Please PM me if that works for you.

Also, I'm serious about wanting to definitively document the list of equipment needed to do this, including part numbers and sources that don't change all the time (ebay auctions).

I would have done all this weeks ago if I knew exactly what I needed to get and trusted that what I was buying was going to work.

I must have read dozens of posts on the various forums that list JTAG readers you buy on eBay whose specs don't match the schematic(s) that show where to connect them to.

One specific problem I saw (and I suppose I should have asked about on here at the time. Mea culpa.) was that the readers on eBay only had Tx, Rx, etc. but not Tx2, Rx2 as listed in the schematics I've run across...

Not complaining. Just noticing a couple of issues and offering to help solve them.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 0:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
@streb...

Problem with purchasing a new router is you (I), can not be sure that it will indeed be a V1.3. No telling from the box and no telling what is left on the shelves.

Back in the day.. You could tell by the 1st four characters of the serial number. I don't know if that is still true. I don't believe the "newer" routers have been documented.

If you are really willing to contribute a router, it would be best to contribute the router to eko or, just have at it yourself.

I can send you the two headers you would need. I have a few. A ttl to serial adaptor is 5 bucks (+ shipping), then the jtag cable, 10 bucks. I can link you to the sources but the jtag cable will be an e-bay'er

That's why I offered.. I have everything and you would get your router back in a few days.

Donno... Your call.

Navigation

Jump to: