I have seen some people doing it on OPENWRT but no one seems to have done it on DD-WRT. Here are the things that I have tried already.
I tried using "ipkg install ip tc" but apparently NETEM module does no come with these packages..
I used the frimware modification kit to copy "q_netem.o" and "sch_netem.so" from a similar kernel into my image file. But when I run "insmod sch_netem" nothing happens...
I figured maybe the best way is to compile a custom image but I have not been successful in building DD-WRT v.24. The current-toolchain that I downloaded does not seem to work for me at all. I keep getting syntax errors and cannot compile.
Does anyone know how I can run NETEM or compile a custom image with NETEM (compatible with my WGR614v8)? I would really appreciate any help.
The issue is that my router (WGR614v8) is not supported by OPENWRT... any idea how to use netem on DD-WRT?
Compile the module or whole firmware yourself. _________________ Read the forum announcements thoroughly! Be cautious if you're inexperienced.
Available for paid consulting.
Looking for bricks and spare routers to expand my collection.
Building the whole firmware did not work for me. I compiled the modules and modified the firmware using firmware modification toolkit. Here are the instructions:
- Compile DD-WRT. See instructions at (http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28348 ).
- Under src/router run 'make menuconfig'. make sure you select the netem module in linux kernel configuration : networking options --> QOS and fair Queuing --> (M) Network Emulator
- run install script and compile DD-WRT.
- find your q_netem.so in src/router/iproute2/tc/
- find your sch_netem.o in src/linux/brcm/linux_v24_2/net/sched/