USB based JTAG ??

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
ak4d7
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
UsbJtag is the guy to talk to.

i have verfied with wrt54g, wrt350n, and can recommend the UsbJtag NT from www.usbjtag.com. it has support for alot of other routers and has a easy to use interface, and will help you if your new to the software through remote assistance. plus there is support for linux and mac os, here is a video of it in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuSlAokUl-g

Last edited by ak4d7 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 19:06; edited 4 times in total
Sponsor
dellsweig
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
ak4d7 wrote:
UsbJtag is the guy to talk to.

was just assuming that since you posted you can verify it works - you had performed the proceedure with this device...

Has ANYONE used the usbjtag successfully and can report - in detail how the process went?
ak4d7
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
You would need to have a Jtag port on your router and then solder the header onto it. Then you should ask Usbjtag if he can add the defenition to the software if it is supported? you will need to activate the software due to other cloned hardware manufacturers using his software in the past. He can then help you through a remote connect to execute the commands to fix a bricked router.

EDIT: http://www.usbjtag.com

Last edited by ak4d7 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:03; edited 3 times in total
dellsweig
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
ak4d7 wrote:
You would need to have a Jtag port on your router and then solder the header onto it. Then you should ask Usbjtag if he can add the defenition to the software if it is supported? you will need to activate the software due to other cloned hardware manufacturers using his software in the past. He can then help you through a remote connect to execute the commands to fix a bricked router.

I already have headers on all my routers. I have used the parallel interface based jtag with success.

I no longer have a computer with a Parallel interface and need a USB option.

As I said earlier - I want to see screen shots - and hear actual success stories before I pay out the 60$

Hopefully someone else has this software and can snap a few screen shots
Diverge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tornado wrote:

Like LOM pointed out, it would be best to find a cable supported by OpenOCD or Urjtag, and possibly the AVR project, since to source is open, we may be able to borrow from it.

I bought one of these, not too long ago. It can do lots of things, which is the reason I purchased it. And it says it supports OpenOCD.

http://tools.asix.net/prg_presto.htm

here's some info about its OpenOCD support:

http://tools.asix.net/supp_presto_arm.htm

Last edited by Diverge on Wed Aug 05, 2009 20:03; edited 1 time in total
DHC_DarkShadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
WOW! that's even more pricey.

@dellsweig If you can wait long enough for me to get the money, I AM going to get one from USBJTAG.COM, and will post results.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have not been this forum for a while.
I confirm that all the WRT54G routers are supported and much much more. For all softwar bricked router USB JTAG NT can debricked with a few commands. But if you have done some hardware trick (like short two pins on the flash), you might damaged the router and cannot be debricked.

Most WRT54G router uses JTAG IR length to 8 bit. This is the longest IR length USB JTAG NT support with current software. Most other MIPS core use the IR length as 5 bit.

I recently installed Asterisk on a WRT54G V2 (debricked with USB JTAG NT). Since the speed is so fast and it is the only method I install firmware on routers. I never use web or TFTP to program router firmware. WRT54G is very easy to open.

I will create some video tutorial in the future on how to program and debrick the routers. I am writing another release to support byte mode programming as I now have a device that works in byte mode (TM602G VOIP cable modem).
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
FYI

i just bought a

KT-LINK from Kristech in poland

gives u much bang for the bug! u just need an jumper cable for non arm architectures

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
FYI

i just bought a

KT-LINK from Kristech in poland

gives u much bang for the bug! u just need an jumper cable for non arm architectures

Very good choice, I tried to order that one from him when it was just released but he couldn't deliver to Asia, I intend to buy one later when I'm back in Europe and bring it over here.

It is definitely one of a couple of USB-jtag devices that will be supported by tjtag in the future.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
hmmm
so if u want one now i dont mind shipp it to u and i still have the chance to change my order.

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the offer Sash, but I pass on that, I will be back in Sweden within a month and the freight cost will then be low from Poland.

To Thailand you'd have had to send it with courier or it would disappear in the handling here.
I don't have much time to do anything with it anyway until I'm back from Sweden in the middle of summer.

For U.S users who also may find the freight cost high I would recommend the Flyswatter from tincantools.
It is also supported by OpenOCD and URJtag and is based on a somewhat slower FTDI USB controller (previous generation).
Doesn't make that much difference in reality and it is priced at $49.95 which I think is a good price.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 17:21    Post subject: USB JTAG to debrick routers Reply with quote
This is the USB jtag to debrick the router:

http://www.diygadget.com/jtag-cables/tiao-usb-multi-protocol-adapter-jtag-spi-i2c-serial.html

and Tutorial:

http://www.tiaowiki.com/w/Debrick_Wireless_Router_Using_TUMPA_and_zJTAG

In fact, this adapter can do more than jtag, it support SPI, I2C and Serial.

It has two channels, you can use two channels at the same time.

Manual:

http://www.tiaowiki.com/w/TIAO_USB_Multi_Protocol_Adapter_User%27s_Manual

For the serial communication, it also provides both TTL and RS232 ports!

Use coupon "I LOVE DIYGADGET" to get 10% off, so for $38.69 shipped, you have a USB to JTAG and serial adapter!
brisk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 18:08    Post subject: 20% off now! Reply with quote
Hurry guys, the USB JTAG is on sale now, 20% off ($30.39)

In fact, everything on that site is on sale now (20% off store wide)
brisk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 23:47    Post subject: TUMPA Lite Reply with quote
This is another USB jtag adapter that you can debrick your router via zjtag:

http://www.diygadget.com/tiao-usb-multi-protocol-adapter-lite-jtag-spi-i2c-serial.html

Instruction:

http://www.tiaowiki.com/w/Debrick_Wireless_Router_Using_TUMPA_Lite_and_zJTAG
user769
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello forum, I have a quick question regarding the USB jtag solution.

Some time ago I made this USB device for reading and writing the xbox360 nand chip, it plugs in throug the jtag port on the mainboard. My question is, could this same device be used to rescue a router (i have a bricked asus rt-n16).

The PIC on the device is flashed with some firmware made for the xbox nand reading and a driver for xp was developed. Probably to use it for a router, i would have to flash it with a different firmware. So anyway, if anyone has the knowledge to get me an answer just by looking at the spec below I would be very grateful.

Here is the spec of the thing:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: