USB based JTAG ??

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
jumpin_jon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi All,

Is this thread still alive? I am trying to find a USB JTAG solution that I can source in the U.K. I have a small pile of dead (nothing from serial) Linksys E4200s I'd like to try and resurrect.

If I search for "USB JTAG" on eBay UK, I get plenty of results, and plenty of prices.. from 10 pounds, up to several hundred! o_O

For example, might this module work?

JJ
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
It would be cheaper to buy an old computer with a proper port. I have not heard of a working USB jtag. There were some false claims in the past. And jtag ports and support would have to be available for your routers...
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
jumpin_jon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Murrkf,

Thanks for the reply.. that's the impression I was starting to get. I started to see how, without the software support, the many, many modules that a search for "USB JTAG" turns up, are worthless.

So, I've already started down the parallel route.. spanked almost 10 pounds on parts!! Wink

The final part is to head up into my loft and see what I can salvage.. maybe a LPT card, or as you've suggested, an ancient PC. (Heh, I note my work PC has one.. might have to put in some "overtime")

JJ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: