WHR G300N won't renew dhcp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
avenge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 18:57    Post subject: WHR G300N won't renew dhcp Reply with quote
The longest I've had this running is 24 hours and it won't get the ip addresses unless I reset the router and modem.

Rebooting does nothing. The only settings I change is wireless and port forwarding.
Sponsor
dan1son
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
You're going to need some more information than that (version, modem, ISP, etc.).

I've had issues with the WHR-G300N getting a DHCP address on the WAN port from Time Warner (road runner) the last few days. It was working great then all of a sudden, nada. I'm running the 10/10/09 build and had perfect luck since I put it on there around the 12th until I woke up yesterday morning to no IP address on the WAN port. Rebooting both router and modem works every once in a while, but when the router reboots or changes settings it won't get the address back.

I've switched modems with Time Warner (now have a Scientific Atlanta) to no avail. I was on with their support for an hour or so since the DHCP was acting odd even when connected straight to a PC. It needed a modem reboot everytime.

I now have it working fine through my T-Mobile VOIP router, with the WHR-G300N connected to the LAN side of that as the DMZ. I'll futz with the Buffalo router again tonight... it wouldn't surprise me if Road Runner changed something since the IP range I'm getting now is completely different than the abnormal ones I was getting when this problem was happening (totally different class A than I've ever seen from them).
avenge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm running 10/10/09 build.
Motorola SB5101 modem
Charter cable

I have a Netgear WGR614 V6 that works fine.

Right now I have disabled SPI firewall see what happens.

I'm a somewhat of a noob at this so I don't know all the technicalities.
cwestside
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have the same problem it stays up for about a hour and the DHCP goes away.

i have charter for the ISP, thing is i you cant get a IP at all unplug the router and modem for about 15 minutes. the DHCP server put me on the blacklist from the ISP after it lost the IP address. so i had to wait for 15 minutes to get a new IP. i don't know if timewarner uses the blacklist for to many DHCP requests.

its sketchy because charter enabled powerboost and i know other people that are having problems with there non ddwrt routers ie: sonicwall after the powerboost update

i basically have mine set up like dan1son a wrt54g2 as my main router and the WHR-G300N for the AP. only way i could get an internet connection for more than a hour.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try disabling the three DNS checkboxes on the basic setup page.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
avenge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
Try disabling the three DNS checkboxes on the basic setup page.

Tried that it didn't work, neither did disabling SPI. Right now I have it as a access point and can't always access the router. I'm shopping for a different router and this one is going in the trash.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: