WRT54G2 VPN Support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
flyguy879
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:04    Post subject: WRT54G2 VPN Support Reply with quote
I've got a Linksys WRT54G2 Router and I've been trying to update it with DD-WRT.

I've got it up to DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/02/09) micro-plus-ssh - build 11805M NEWD Eko. That build, and it is working and SSH is working, however when I attempt to flash with any of the openVPN images or the VPN generic images it says it updates and it reboots the router, but nothing changes, it stays the same. It also seems to upload REALLY fast.

Thanks again in advance whoever can offer me some advice.

On a side note at a different location I have a WRT54GL that is running just fine with the openVPN build.
Sponsor
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can't shove a ~4MB firmware into 2MB of flash.
flyguy879
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's what I had guessed, there isn't a VPN client version of the firmware that will work in a WRT54G2 (or other device with ~2mb flash) is there?

The only reason I even posted, I found somewhere else on the forum someone had claimed to have a WRT54G2 with the OpenVPN softwar running on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: